What's new

Some self-portraits for fun

brandonbpm

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 26, 2012
Messages
26
Reaction score
14
Location
Cleveland, Ohio
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I say "for fun," but its really a very involved set-up process for me since I don't have a shutter release cable or remote shutter release controls. All these were setup with one strobe, a 10 second self-timer and a stand-in subject (normally a light stand) I use to temporarily manually focus.

Polaroid Love by BrandonBPM, on Flickr

Wait for it... by BrandonBPM, on Flickr

Inherent Skepticism by BrandonBPM, on Flickr

This one was with two lights, one to blow out the background (intentionally faded in lightroom)

Me by BrandonBPM, on Flickr
 
I love number one and number 2!
 
Nice work Brandon! 1,and 2, and to a lesser extent #3 are my favorites. I'm not really diggin' the last one though.
 
#2 and #3 are excellent; how you inflated you in the last? ;)

Regards :D
 
1 and 2 are great! 1 is definitely fun and I like the concept, 2 nice light and you're looking sharp ;)
 
Good job. I like these!
 
I actually like them all, 1 is brilliant and fun. The only thing that I'm not a huge fan of is that there aren't any true blacks or whites in 3 and 4, but since it was intentional I guess its just personal preference/style. #3 is the weakest to me, just because its too generic: center orientation, looking at camera. #2 does a good job of being vertical but off-center framing and vignetting keep it interesting. With #4 I love how it is framed, if I wanted to sound like a photography book I would say there are lines, and rule of thirds and whatnot, I'm a sucker for off-center subjects. #1 breaks that mold but it is fine because it is just so creative and interesting.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom