Some shots at my favorite local spot

Dominantly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There is this little area fairly close to where I live that has an old west feel (they built the strip so everything is old west to match the train park), to include an awesome train park with a looping track and steam locomotive. The area is incredible for portraits, which is why on any given day you'll find multiple sessions going on all around you (the photographers are rotate and share the space well ().

So I take my son there to just let him blast around and wear himself out (he loves "choo-choo's), while I follow with the camera. Mind you, he has no interest yet in the camera, and will not look at me unless I'm shouting for him not to do something (he doesn't talk yet). You guys know the drill though, 1000 shots, maybe 1-3 where he'll actually make eye contact.

But anyways, the place is amazing, and it's too bad I don't get many options to get shots of the willing. Here are a couple of the ones I enjoyed:

1. The tracks offer lots of leading lines, and "destinations". In this shot I was suggesting he not go down to the tracks
Kellan-Train-Park-Shoot-XL.jpg

2. Now I love this freakin bridge, but of course he won't pose, sit still, or stop with the T-rex arms. But I was happy with this shot, the leading lines, the textures, and the warm light from the sun setting through the bars, it's inquisitive. How does this crop work for you?
Jan7th-JJ-Visit-7-XL.jpg

3. This was an entrance into a hall, so he went up to try the door knob (locked) and then ran around, giving me this second of awesome before blasting away. I love the wood here, and was jazzed about the light/dark.
Jan7th-JJ-Visit-21-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg

4. Here is the second after shot #2 without the crop. Which aspect/crop do you prefer?
Jan7th-JJ-Visit-10-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg

5. Another bridge, less eye contact.
Kellan-Train-Park-Shoot-2-L.jpg

6. This shot was more for the backdrop. While he is in awe of the big choo choo, it really ends up just being a filler shot in an album in my opinion.

Jan7th-JJ-Visit-15-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love old Poway park! When ever I go there is at least 4+ other photogs there.

This is a nice set. Your son is one cute kid!! I think the skin tones are a little cool and I like the crop in #2.

I love old Poway park! When ever I go there is at least 4+ other photogs there.

This is a nice set. Your son is one cute kid!! I think the skin tones are a little cool and I like the crop in #2.

Yeah it is photographers dream.

Thanks, and I do agree they are a bit cool (guess I got a bit lazy).

Tweaked WB and reloaded.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back