Some star trails

birdbonkers84

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
War Memorial landscape by Mark Coull, on Flickr

This is a war memorial just outside the town where I stay. Windy af up there and some dirty clouds started rolling in near the end of the 120 shots (grrr).

30s x 120 shots, f/3.5 @ 18mm (Nikon D7100 + 18-55 kit lens). Image was unintentionally light painted by 2 walkers, their torches and their dogs flashing green collars... (which I had to edit out) I also had to edit out 7 helicopters that seemed to be looking for something? lol.

Used StarStax to create the trails from the 120 shots.

I've never tried star trails, looks great. Did you have a delay between each of the 30 second exposures or just start the next exposure immediately? I need to give this a try sometime.

I've never tried star trails, looks great. Did you have a delay between each of the 30 second exposures or just start the next exposure immediately? I need to give this a try sometime.
Thanks,
Yeah each shot is delayed by 4s as I've been told that my camera can sometimes miss out shots without a delay. This varies with each camera/memory card setup tho. Best to do a dry run first to see if it skips without a delay put in place.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back