some tips on this one

BakkenBarbarian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey, new guy here. not gonna waste your time with all that. im new, and im here. The scoop: theres something missing from this picture. i like the pastel kind of tones going on, but its missing some things 1/640 8.0 on my canon 75-300mm, t3i. in the future im going to get a bit closer to the subject, get and try for 5.0, that grain and silhouette of the barn in the background is distracting isnt it? gonna be done in evening light. it was about 3 degrees out though, so i didnt venture too close. let me know on some things you would try, and i'll go out and try it. it has the potential to turn into a cool shot in the future, its just not there yet. Thanks!

$IMG_0302_zpsced906b7.jpg

Wait until the snow is gone and you have sunset lighting. It's too bland to me.

I like the pic, but I agree with you that closer would be nicer.

I agree with all of you. i'm gonna take a venture out there this week again, on a less overcast and crappy cold day. i wanna get up close, theres this model t type thing flipped on its side behind it. we'll see what happens. but keep the comments comin' thanks!

My eye keeps going to the power lines at the top on the photo. I like the snow and I think this spot would prove neat for light painting at night. closer would be better but for this image maybe try to crop out some of the sky and foreground giving it a tighter feel?

Hi! Three degrees...cold! Not a pro, but here goes: One, it is a monotone season. Not a lot in color contrast in nature. You can try some Post work and try to bring out some color. Keep practicing! A lot of individuals on this site are so helpful, and friendly. I have learned so much from C&C's.

Most reactions

Back