Some winter shots

parsec

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I haven't posted any photos in 6 months. I've been lurking most of that time. Anyway, I've started a small little photo blog just to force myself to take photos more often. I also try to think of themes now, and I try to go out with those in mind. Without further ado, here are some snow shots:

P1020908.jpg

P1020905.jpg

P1020888.jpg

P1020877.jpg

P1020871.jpg

Thinking about converting the slide to b/w, but I also like all the colors among the white snow. The cowboy I think would also make for a nice b/w. As you can tell, I'm pretty new to photography so any pointers on how to improve these are appreciated (especially ideas on what I can do in Gimp). Feel free to edit.

Anyone? Or are these really that bad?

Heya, no ... not too bad.
It's just a pity that in its attempt to expose right on the cowboy statue, the camera blew out all the white completely, while the cowboy in the last still is too dark. A fill flash could have helped here.

That big, unfocused rope in the first does not help composition any, is what I think. I find it very, very distracting.

In most of them the dynamic range is so wide (white of snow, black of inside of slide tube) that your camera could not cope with it and went towards exposing right on what is darker, thus blowing out the snow.

But I feel I quite like the bold clours of the playground toys in the second photo and the little girl statue in the third. Poor girl ... cannot see where she's reaching! :D Her whole face is so covered by snow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back