Something Besides Herons! Still birds, though.

sm4him

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
sm4him.500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just because I just posted what seems like about the twentieth thread I've started on herons, I thought I'd post a few of some other birds I've gotten recently.

I haven't had much time to go anywhere except for down to the river at lunchtime--I've only gotten out to my Eagle spot once in the last two weeks, but here's a couple of the better shots from that outing:

I also got my very first picture of a pileated woodpecker. I rarely get more than a quick glimpse of them before they're gone--they tend to be very skittish. So I was reasonably pleased with this.

4. Just a house finch. Or a purple finch maybe. I can never really tell the difference. I just kinda liked this one, so I thought I'd throw it in here.

C&C, general comments and/or witty banter greatly appreciated, as usual!

Another nice set.

Yes, another nice set but could you please tell the eagle in #2 to stop yelling at me? :grumpy:

Another nice set.

Yes, another nice set but could you please tell the eagle in #2 to stop yelling at me? :grumpy:

Thank you both! JacaRanda: :lmao: I find *quite* disquieting when they come around from behind the trees screeching at me like that! Makes me wonder sometimes if I should point and shoot, or grab my things and run. :D

I like the screeching eagle too! Thanks for sharing.

Witty Banter would be a cool screen name.

I was showing my daughter and few of her friends some recent pictures and thought to myself; hmmmm all these years living here, I had never seen (payed attention to) the variety of birds surrounding us. Age and a camera are a wonderful thing! Even when an eagle yells at me from time to time.

Witty Banter would be a cool screen name.

I was showing my daughter and few of her friends some recent pictures and thought to myself; hmmmm all these years living here, I had never seen (payed attention to) the variety of birds surrounding us. Age and a camera are a wonderful thing! Even when an eagle yells at me from time to time.

Yeah, I bet you live in a virtual birders' paradise! I actually have a goal of getting at least reasonably decent pictures of 100 different birds in the coming year. I was up to 42, I think, as of Friday, but I think I got at least one more today--haven't had a chance to go through my pictures though.
We only have about 115 different "common" species here so I'll have to come up with quite a few rarer sightings and/or travel to some other locations to get to 100.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back