sony a65

ARS.photography.MS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
LOVE! LOVE! LOVE! this new camera! Still figuring it all out.....bit I play with it daily trying to memorize it without looking!
My ONLY con is.....BATTERY.....but its so worth the amazing viewfinder, which is what i believe runs the battery down so fast! But I've already ordered 2 extra batteries and extra charger :)
I've used it for two sessions plus preschool cap and gown pictures. I hope go upload some pics this weekend for some C&C....

LATER Y'ALL

I'm glad you like your new A65 but I'm curious about your short battery life, do you use the LCD frequently? I shoot motocross with my a65 and a77 and they are typically turned on from 8AM to 5PM and I've never had to put a fresh battery in my a65 all day. I have the grip mounted on my a77 with 2 batteries and I don't ever remember it switching over to the 2nd battery in a full day of shooting. I never use the LCD and leave it turned around backwards, this also helps with folks who ask to preview photo's, I just show them the back of the camera and tell them it doesn't have a LCD. You can turn off the "auto review" as well to help with battery life.

I'm glad you like your new A65 but I'm curious about your short battery life, do you use the LCD frequently? I shoot motocross with my a65 and a77 and they are typically turned on from 8AM to 5PM and I've never had to put a fresh battery in my a65 all day. I have the grip mounted on my a77 with 2 batteries and I don't ever remember it switching over to the 2nd battery in a full day of shooting. I never use the LCD and leave it turned around backwards, this also helps with folks who ask to preview photo's, I just show them the back of the camera and tell them it doesn't have a LCD. You can turn off the "auto review" as well to help with battery life.

Yes I use the Lcsd a pretty good bit. But I haven't tries turning off auto review. I will do that as soon as I am home. I will also try not using the lcd screen and only use viewfinder and see if that helps.

Thanks racing guy!

Congrats dear on this awsome new camera of yours, the guys in the brown truck delivered your beauty and alls well that ends well.

Now we want to see some pictures please :)

Congrats dear on this awsome new camera of yours, the guys in the brown truck delivered your beauty and alls well that ends well.

Hey goodguy! Yes yalls well that ends well....and I tried twice this week to upload a couple Pics but they said "upload failed" and after 4 tries my patience was out the window :p

I will try again this weekend....

P.s. the prime lens is awesome!!!!! Still learning it tho :)

Hey goodguy! Yes yalls well that ends well....and I tried twice this week to upload a couple Pics but they said "upload failed" and after 4 tries my patience was out the window :p

I will try again this weekend....

P.s. the prime lens is awesome!!!!! Still learning it tho :)
Well keep trying till we get some nice a65 picture samples.

I myself am waiting for an exciting addition to my hobby, as a guy who loves photography, fountain pens and watches I am spread thin financially but still today I am getting a new toy (not photography), meeting a guy after work and just like you were excited before getting the Sony so am I at the moment, I cant wait to put my greedy hands on the new toy :)

Isnt new toys fun :lol:

I myself am waiting for an exciting addition to my hobby, as a guy who loves photography, fountain pens and watches I am spread thin financially but still today I am getting a new toy (not photography), meeting a guy after work and just like you were excited before getting the Sony so am I at the moment, I cant wait to put my greedy hands on the new toy :)

What kind of toy u getting?!?! :D

What kind of toy u getting?!?! :D

A Rolex Submariner watch :thumbup:

I AM Soooooooooooo Excited :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

A who? Rolex.....that's the brand right? Submariner.....that means it can be used in a submarine? Lol just kidding ......but really what's a rolex submariner watch????

So excited for you!!!! Isn't anticipation the best!!!!! Any way, any situation....its awesome!

A who? Rolex.....that's the brand right? Submariner.....that means it can be used in a submarine? Lol just kidding ......but really what's a rolex submariner watch????

So excited for you!!!! Isn't anticipation the best!!!!! Any way, any situation....its awesome!

The waiting game, the excitment of before getting the item (any item that excites you) is what its all about, its the novelty of it and I LOVE that feeling :)

Rolex Submariner is watch, like any other watch, indeed Rolex is the company name and Submariner is the model name, will not get into the reasons for the name, lots of history and desirability in this and I know a photography forum is not the place to get into this so basically its a watch LOL
This is what it looks like (just a picture I took from the net)

2406107568_2199939db2.jpg

But we need to be careful not to get carried away with the need for the next exciting thing, I got hooked like that on limited edition fountain pens, these things cost me a fortune and at the end I bought them almost as a reflex, the thing stopped exciting me and I was not even paying attantion to what I am getting, the pen would come in the mail, I wouldnt even take the time to enjoy it because I was already on the net looking for the next pen, one day I woke up looking at the armada of these pens, looking at the money tied up in this collection and I knew its time for a change so I sold my entire limited edition pens and in the money we closed all the debt I owed and had left over for few more things.
With watches I bougth a 6 spot box so no matter what I will not own more then 6 watches, if I want another watch I must sell one to make space, this way I am not buying another vast collection without even using it.

With photography I am trying to do the same, I buy 1 camera for me 1 for the love of my life and few lenses which I find I need but not more then that, keep it usable and dont turn it into a usless collection of stuff that just collects dust and make my bank account cry.

The waiting game, the excitment of before getting the item (any item that excites you) is what its all about, its the novelty of it and I LOVE that feeling :)

Rolex Submariner is watch, like any other watch, indeed Rolex is the company name and Submariner is the model name, will not get into the reasons for the name, lots of history and desirability in this and I know a photography forum is not the place to get into this so basically its a watch LOL
This is what it looks like (just a picture I took from the net)

But we need to be careful not to get carried away with the need for the next exciting thing, I got hooked like that on limited edition fountain pens, these things cost me a fortune and at the end I bought them almost as a reflex, the thing stopped exciting me and I was not even paying attantion to what I am getting, the pen would come in the mail, I wouldnt even take the time to enjoy it because I was already on the net looking for the next pen, one day I woke up looking at the armada of these pens, looking at the money tied up in this collection and I knew its time for a change so I sold my entire limited edition pens and in the money we closed all the debt I owed and had left over for few more things.
With watches I bougth a 6 spot box so no matter what I will not own more then 6 watches, if I want another watch I must sell one to make space, this way I am not buying another vast collection without even using it.

With photography I am trying to do the same, I buy 1 camera for me 1 for the love of my life and few lenses which I find I need but not more then that, keep it usable and dont turn it into a usless collection of stuff that just collects dust and make my bank account cry.

Wow! That's alotta pens and alotta money! Lol

Congrats on ur new addition!

Wow! That's alotta pens and alotta money! Lol

Congrats on ur new addition!
Thank you dear :)

Altogether in the 7 years or so of collecting pens I probably had 300-400 fountain pens coming and going, it was a lot of fun while it lasted.
Now watches and photography are my main interest even though I still am getting pens from time to time.

Thank you dear :)

Altogether in the 7 years or so of collecting pens I probably had 300-400 fountain pens coming and going, it was a lot of fun while it lasted.
Now watches and photography are my main interest even though I still am getting pens from time to time.

Omg! I lose that many from my desk...in my preschool classroom.....in a few months it seems! At least they are only the really gnarly Walmart pens not collectors items!

I believe I will just stick to collecting pictures of any and everything I can get a picture of!

I need a good daily photo challenge!!

I could sit behind my camera all day every day.....as long as I'm not the one in front of the camera....ick don't like my picture taken at all....odd huh?

Omg! I lose that many from my desk...in my preschool classroom.....in a few months it seems! At least they are only the really gnarly Walmart pens not collectors items!

I believe I will just stick to collecting pictures of any and everything I can get a picture of!

I need a good daily photo challenge!!

I could sit behind my camera all day every day.....as long as I'm not the one in front of the camera....ick don't like my picture taken at all....odd huh?

Preschool teacher huh? I could've called that.

Congrats, and yes pictures please! I was going to buy an a77 but instead received a Canon as a surprise gift, thus changing my brand loyalty forever!

I still dream about that viewfinder sometimes...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back