Sony A7 with Canon lenses

gsgary

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.gsgary.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last week i bought a cheap EOS adapter to try my Canon L lenses to see if it was worth getting an auto focus adapter, the cheap adapter has no aperture adjustment so these were probably shot wide open, i think i might get an auto focus adapter

Canon 50mmF1.4
DSC00669-XL.jpg

Canon 24-70L
DSC00681-XL.jpg

Last week i bought a cheap EOS adapter to try my Canon L lenses to see if it was worth getting an auto focus adapter, the cheap adapter has no aperture adjustment so these were probably shot wide open, i think i might get an auto focus adapter

I don't own the A7 but I have owned an A7R since Nov '13. Since I'm coming from a Canon background I have loads of both FD and EOS lenses. All work very well with both a Metabones III and King adapter. The King adapter is not quite as snug a fit as the Metabones but is one-third the cost; both allow automatic operation of EOS lenses. I also have various adapters for FD, Minolta, Pentax, M42 and T2 lens mounts; all manual but they also work reasonably well.

The A7/A7R is a great camera for legacy glass AND really does make a few of the old lenses shine! My old Pentax K (35mm film) lenses, in particular, yield great results. Better than I ever remember them performing with film...

You can also get adapters with built-in aperture adjustment for those automatic lenses that won't work with automatic adapters. There is also a very nice helical adapter for macro work with convention lenses; works wonderfully with a Canon 200 f/2.8 lens I own.

bwa

I don't own the A7 but I have owned an A7R since Nov '13. Since I'm coming from a Canon background I have loads of both FD and EOS lenses. All work very well with both a Metabones III and King adapter. The King adapter is not quite as snug a fit as the Metabones but is one-third the cost; both allow automatic operation of EOS lenses. I also have various adapters for FD, Minolta, Pentax, M42 and T2 lens mounts; all manual but they also work reasonably well.

The A7/A7R is a great camera for legacy glass AND really does make a few of the old lenses shine! My old Pentax K (35mm film) lenses, in particular, yield great results. Better than I ever remember them performing with film...

You can also get adapters with built-in aperture adjustment for those automatic lenses that won't work with automatic adapters. There is also a very nice helical adapter for macro work with convention lenses; works wonderfully with a Canon 200 f/2.8 lens I own.

bwa

At the moment i have the Voigtlander close focus for my Leica lenses, but the colours from the EOS lenses look very nice and the A7 looks great with the 50F1.4

Most reactions

New Topics

Back