Sony Introduces The Third Video King "Sony A7S iii"

VidThreeNorth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you think I am referring to the A7Siii as the 3rd version of the A7S line, no, actually, I am referring to the Panasonic S1H and the Canon R5. As I see it, these are the three current "video kings" in terms of speculation. Speculation? Yes, because for the latter two, we really do not know how they will perform in the field. And the Panasonic has just received a RAW format update. So it will be months before any real conclusions can be formed. But for now, the specifications are mostly available and the potential end users can start to decide where their money will go. But the surprising thing is how little they overlap in terms of their customers' interests. In that sense, choices are surprisingly clear.

Of these, the Panasonic and Sony are the most "practical" tools for the 4K target market, with the Panasonic giving 6K for compositional "headroom". The Sony appears to be the low light and dynamic range camera, and the Canon is the current 8K camera. There are other differences too, but with these starting points, the rest seem like "mere details".

The Sony A7Siii will be available in September at $3,498 US.

"Sony A7S III Unveiled! Sony skips the high-res race, goes all-out on 4K quality, performance & features"
posted July 28, 2020 by William Brawley for "Imaging-Resource.com"

"Sony A7S III Unveiled! Sony skips the high-res race, goes all-out on 4K quality, performance & features"

Most reactions

Back