Sony Users. Any news?

shorty6049

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone,
It's been a LONG time since i was on this site,
but I'm currently shooting with a Sony A700 and I've noticed that Sony hasn't been really doing much at that end of the spectrum....
has anyone heard any news on possible new cameras? I'm starting to consider a switch to Canon because it's been a couple years and all Sony gave the higher end was the a850 which is still more of a studio camera (like the a900) being slow and having way too many megapixels for most people to need... and still no video capability either.

yeah, i saw those ones. i'm not really interested in any of them though. Sony still doesn't have anything that even tries to compete with cameras like the D3, 7D, 5DMKII, or really anything "good" from other manufacturers. The A850 and A900 seem to be both made for the same users, which would be more studio photographers considering the high megapixels and slow fps. Luckily I can't afford any new gear right now anyway, but it'd be nice to at least see sony making cameras that i'd WANT to dream about. haha

now that^ is something i'd be a little more interested in...
if only it did video...
just seems like a fun feature to play around with if nothing else...

now that^ is something i'd be a little more interested in...
if only it did video...
just seems like a fun feature to play around with if nothing else...
I guess the video feature meets with various reviews. I have it on my 5D2 and honestly, I've used it less than 10 times. The inability of it to auto-focus while shooting in real-time and the fact it doesn't have any stabilization and the audio sucks really makes for some extremely high resolution crappy video. :)

I bought a Canon HF200 HD camcorder to stick in my camera bag... that's how useful I found the video feature on my 5D2 to be.

Yeah, I know i probably wouldn't use it MUCH, but i think it might still be fun to play with. I've always kind of enjoyed cinematography...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back