Sorry I don't really know where to post this ?

Evander

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
But I'm really in need of some help.

I downloaded the trail version of Photoshop CS to start learning while I get the money to buy it together. So I'm looking forward to playing around with my RAW photos shot with my Konica Minolta 5D.

The extention for the RAW files are MRW I think it's supposed to be Minolta RaW anyhow I can't open any of the files. I keep getting "file unknown" error msgs. I don't have any problem opening them with the Minolta DiMAGE software that came with the camera and I have no problems opening JPEG's with PhotoShop.

I'd like to be able to open the CameraRAW files with PhotoShop and I've searched the Internet high and low looking for any info and I've found a number of plugins for CameraRAW supporting Cannon and Nikon but nothing for Minolta. Any I really screwed? Any help would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks

Evan

You need to do one of two things both of which may not work as it's CS not CS2. You need to either convert the files into .DNG (Adobe digital negative) and then open them. Or get the plug in that supports you camera's RAW files. Now if CS doesn't support the version of the DNG convertor that is needed to open convert your files then you will not be able to open them.

You will ten need to see if there is a plug in for Cs (will be on the adobe website) that supports your camera's RAW files and can just open them in CS.

Maybe tery looking for the plug in first as it may save you hassle. There may be ways to do this and get it to work if neither of these do with non-Adobe software but I don't use that so someone else would have to tell you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back