I like how you kept taking pictures of the moon getting more and more light. It would be cool if you connected all the pictures in a line showing each stage (or maybe in a part circular shape) instead of putting them under one another...just an idea, but great shots!
Thanks, all.
Ben, yes- 100% crop.
Most of these are using f/8 and slightly underexposed. Live View is critical for getting the focus right, as well as a 10 second timed shutter release.
Fantastic. I took my first successful moon shot a couple of weeks back. It's a really fun challenge. I found that disabling the Auto Lighting Optimizer feature made the shots work out better.
Here's my moon shot, if you're interested. It was shot with my 55-250mm lens.
I have the same lens and struggle to get near that level of detail - I think the 50% extra resolution of your T1i over my 40d is helping you a bit here.