Sound Advice.....

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just bought my first flat screen (46" Sony Bravia) and am in the market for a Home Theater system that is kick-ass on audio CDs. I'm more into music than video sound for movies, although I do like to hear the squeak of the sneakers on the court for (specifically) TarHeel basketball. I'm thinking a 5.1 system but will entertain all suggestions. Wireless rear speakers would be a bonus, but I can probably rig a drill through from the floor for them. Budget is probably maxed at $600USD, but consideration will be given slightly North of that figure. IT SHOULD SOUND GOOD WHEN PUSHED TO ELEVEN!!!

Thanks.

surround is more for movies than music. If you mostly want it for music, get the best floor standing speakers and amp you can afford (or if you already have a reciever, that's better, the amp should be good enough to push floor standing speakers). Get just two front floorstanding speakers. Pass on 5.1 unless you really want it for movies. With $600, you'll only get into disappointing territory with 5.1. You can get into passable territory with speakers.

Thanks for all the help folks.

Most reactions

Back