South Australian Coastal Landscapes

john_adelaide

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
G'day all,

Not enough sun out at the moment to enjoy a few beers with
or even take photos so I've spent some spare time today
updating my landscape gallery. Tell me what you think.

http://users.chariot.net.au/~doc/photos/index.htm

Cheers,
John.

Remember, a good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, '****...that was fun!'

Hi, John_Adelaide, and welcome to ThePhotoForum!
This is a nice site you are presenting us.
It's fun to go there and look at scenes that I have (if only once in my life, and over 9 years ago) seen with my own eyes. I have been to Yankalilla and Normanville and the Second Valley once before, you see ;)? (I remember that I asked my hosts at the time where the First Valley was, but they had to admit there is only the Second ;)).

I would suggest you decide to link a few of your photos directly to here so they appear in your post. That will give you a greater feedback, I am just sure! Some people don't have the time to check out whole websites and therefore don't click on links.

I hope your site allows you to hotlink your pics?
It would be fun to see some select pics from your collection up here.

Awesome site!
I think I never wanted to go to the sea as much as I want to right now... Here it's snowing and somewhere far away are these incredible beaches...
Beautiful work! :thumbup:
Oh, and welcome to TPF!

Some great pics mate, makes me yearn to be back down towards the southern end of this cournty rather than up at the tip. Very vibrant colours in some of those images - may I ask what lens and polariser you were using?

wow...nice work!
were these taken with the Olympus 8080?

Cheers Black_Z and Killx,

These were all taken with F4.0 @ 1/250.0 sec ISO 50. As the C8080 is a non DSLR it's fixed lens is a 28 - 140 mm equivalent, half the shots here were taken with a circular polarizer, the other half without. I have given up shooting in RAW as I really cannot see any benifit in the end quality, so SHQ JPEG they are.

http://users.chariot.net.au/~doc/photos/C8080.htm

It's a shame Olympus (and some other brands) are now no longer developing their high end prosumer cameras and now concentrating on entry level DSLR's, I saw no need to head in this direction but have little choice now.

Most reactions

Back