What's new

South Korea, Week 3 Set: Jagalchi Fish Market

Austin Greene

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
1,472
Reaction score
855
Location
Mountain View, California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday, in search of a photo for my 52 Weeks photo project, I took the subway to Nambo. Just outside of the station lies South Korea's biggest fish market, Jagalchi Market. We're talking fish everywhere. It was as much amazing as it was environmentally concerning as an ecologist seeing the true toll being taken on our oceans.

Anyways, I'll post the portraits tomorrow or sometime, but for now the rest of the photos. I'll include the one making it into my 52 weeks project and let you guess which shot it is.

As always, I hope you enjoy the photos, and I always appreciate your comments :)

1.

Dried Up by TogaLive, on Flickr

2.

Fried Up by TogaLive, on Flickr

3. Yep, this is whale meat.

Deconstructed Whale by TogaLive, on Flickr

4.

Hangin' On A Line by TogaLive, on Flickr

5.

Geometry by TogaLive, on Flickr

6.

Remnants by TogaLive, on Flickr

7.

Eight Octos by TogaLive, on Flickr

8.

Waste by TogaLive, on Flickr

9.

Close to Escape by TogaLive, on Flickr

10.

Octopus Study by TogaLive, on Flickr
 
damn fine pics. love #7. I'd say #2 is the weakest of the series, and that's about the worst critique I can give.
 
can you resize them?
 
I really like #7 - they give off an other-worldly vibe, like you've captured a family of space aliens.
 
No 8 is just great, reminds me of some Picasso work :D - it is a money shot. I see it in a frame in someone's kitchen.
No 7 is very good as well.

All shots are good, but these two stand out for me, especially No 8.

There are some distinct FUJI colors in these shots...or probably it is just Korea.. what did you use?
 
damn fine pics. love #7. I'd say #2 is the weakest of the series, and that's about the worst critique I can give.

Wow thanks! I too feel like the first couple are weaker, I wasn't yet in my groove at that point. I ended up walking through the entire market 4 times just because there were so many things to see.

can you resize them?

They should automatically resize given a couple seconds, typical Flickr BBcode. Hope it works for you :)

I really like #7 - they give off an other-worldly vibe, like you've captured a family of space aliens.

Really glad you like it! I saw them, particularly the way the icebox lid was framing them, and new I needed a shot. Cranked the 85mm to f/8 and gave it a go :)

No 8 is just great, reminds me of some Picasso work :D - it is a money shot. I see it in a frame in someone's kitchen.
No 7 is very good as well.

All shots are good, but these two stand out for me, especially No 8.

There are some distinct FUJI colors in these shots...or probably it is just Korea.. what did you use?

I'm with you on #8, I think it's the one of the bunch that will make it into my 52 Weeks project. Of all the shots I feel like it had the most intent behind it, and that I did a reasonable job of accomplishing that.

Hmm, must be my processing? All were taken on a Canon 6D. It could just be that Korean's like bright colors to contrast the horribly smoggy skies here, haha.

Glad you like them so much!
 
hey i really like them. number 2 is indeed special. i had a look at your flickr it lacks any shooting info and equipment. would love to have it. thanks
 
All of these were taken with the Canon 6D, and the 85mm f/1.8 :)

Just double checked and all of the EXIF data is intact and shown on Flickr, perhaps it was just a bug when you looked.
 
8 is no 7. :)
 
I still can see just small parts of the pictures, but since noone else is complaining, I'll try again later
 
VERY cool! I spent an entire day there when I visited in 2008 and it was amazing; not to threadjack, but it reminded me of one of my favorite shots from that day:
ROK%20(1).jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom