Space Shuttle Endeavour's last flight

nmoody

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had the opportunity to view Space Shuttle Endeavour's last flight yesterday. The preformed a low level fly over Moffett Field at NASA Ames Research Base in Mountain View, CA.

I you are interested in more about Moffett Field or Space Shuttle Endeavour click these links. I know a lot of you are not from the US:
Moffet Field
Space Shuttle Endeavour

The space shuttle is now retired and was heading to LAX air port where it will eventually stay at California Science Center. It was in service for 18 years before being retired.
15,000 people showed up at Moffett to watch the shuttle make a low fly over.

Moffett Field's Hanger 1 which housed large air ships has now been stripped due to hazardous materials in its covering, its unknown if it will financially feasible to recover it again:
DSC7165.jpg

DSC7171.jpg

Space Shuttle Endeavour atop a NASA Boeing 747 heading to LAX:
DSC7220.jpg

DSC7222.jpg

DSC7225.jpg

DSC7233.jpg

DSC7239.jpg

Sad to see it gone but it was nice of them to schedule such and event for Endeavour.

Good shots. Interesting bit of history! Thanks for sharing.

I like!
If you're interested, google: youtube shuttle landing cockpit view.
I love the dialogue on that video (and the landing!).

I like!
If you're interested, google: youtube shuttle landing cockpit view.
I love the dialogue on that video (and the landing!).

Ah thats very cool! Thanks for letting me know about that.

In the third shuttle one I posted I was able to see a person in the window of the cockpit when I zoomed:
person.jpg

747..I've only flown once on those; a long time ago (Pan Am). Amazing aircraft! It had an upstairs bar! (Culture shock for me!).

I have almost identical shots of #4, 5, 6 & 7 that I took Friday morning as the 747 with shuttle piggy-back did it's fly-over of Sacramento. It was a thrill to be able to see and photograph it.

I have almost identical shots of #4, 5, 6 & 7 that I took Friday morning as the 747 with shuttle piggy-back did it's fly-over of Sacramento. It was a thrill to be able to see and photograph it.

Awesome! Yeah and the atmosphere at Moffett was also intoxicating. It was amazing how quite everyone got when it came over.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back