Specific RAW questions

Dartellan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!

This is actually my first time posting. I have looked at the articles concerning RAW, but I now have a couple more questions as I am very interested in shooting RAW.

I shoot with a Canon 50D. What software do I need to edit RAW photos? (I have a very old version of photoshop, I think it's just called Photoshop7, and it does not open RAW files as far as I know. It hasn't been able to open up any for me.)

My camera came with a disk that has:
Digital Photo Professional 3.5
ZoomBrowserEX 6.2
EOS utility
Photo Stitch
Picture Style Editor
Original date security tools
wft utility

Will any of those open/manipulate raw files? And if so, how do I turn them into JPGsfor printing, etc?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Digital Photo Pro. will open your Raw images. From there, you can save them as TIFF, JPEG etc and then open them in Photoshop for further editing, if you want.

What software do I need to edit RAW photos? (I have a very old version of photoshop, I think it's just called Photoshop7, and it does not open RAW files as far as I know. It hasn't been able to open up any for me.)

My camera came with a disk that has:
Digital Photo Professional 3.5
ZoomBrowserEX 6.2
EOS utility
Photo Stitch
Picture Style Editor
Original date security tools
wft utility

Will any of those open/manipulate raw files? And if so, how do I turn them into JPGsfor printing, etc?

Thanks!
You can also convert the files to Adobe's .DNG format:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows : Adobe DNG Converter 5.7 update

To convert the images to JPEG in Photoshop click on Image > Mode scroll down and select 8 bits/Channel.

Then click File > Save As and in the Save As dialog box open the Format drop down menu and select JPEG.

Then in the JPEG Options dialog box select the Image Options and Format Optins you want and click OK.

I had issues with photoshop and raw files in the past, so I use Bibble to handle all my RAW files. It is working wonderfully and much faster too. Though, those are not the only two software I use for pp.

Lightroom is excellent for handling RAW files, and you can do basic editing in there as well as cataloging and keywords.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back