What's new

speedlights

I am lucky to have a Nikon SP Limited Edition camera but I need to know what flash units are OK to use with this system. The manual makes statements about not accepting recent Speedlight units. It also says not to directly attach speedlight units with coupling contacts and to make sure to insulate the contacts with tape before attaching.
I have an old Metz 30BCT4 flash and I wondered if I could use this flash with this camera and not cause any harm to the camera or flash.

Thanks so much!
Best,

Jimmy

You are lucky to have one of these coveted cameras. They have a non standard flash shoe hence the warning. The cameras flash shoe does not have a sync contact. Being metal it will short your flash if the flash has a centre contact and most do. You are better mounting the flash off the camera and firing with a PC sync cable.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom