What's new

Speedotron packs and heads

Village Idiot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 20, 2008
Messages
7,269
Reaction score
406
Location
Shepherdsturd, WV / Almost, MD
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
202vf heads x 5 $300 each. 3 have brand new lightstand mounting brackets all lights have covers and will include a cable for each light Some of the cables are the older style without the locking collar.

1205 pack - $700

405 pack - $400

All of the gear works. There's obvious signs of wear, but that's the condition it was in when I received it. I've had it housed in the Pelican case ever since I've received it.

I'll sell everything together for $2,000 OBO + 3% Paypal unless gifted. Shipping included in price. If all the heads sell together, I'll throw in the reflectors. I have 3 smaller 7" reflectors and the larger 11" (IIRC) reflector. One of the smaller reflector has a large dent in it, another one is a little dented and the 3rd one in it good shape. The large reflector is in good shape as well.

 
Last edited:
"signs of ware" ? Really?

In that case I'll give you $25. Do we have a deal?

New you're looking at about $3400 and my prices are right about in line with e-bay. It's Speedotron and these packs and heads will still be around when the landfills are full of Alien Bees. Go troll elsewhere.
 
Derrel and I had a chat about Speedotron setups yesterday. I thought a while back, you decided on something other than Speedo VI?

If I were in a position to buy, I might hop on some of this. I'm mostly looking for the D-402 pack, and some M11 heads. Good luck with your sale.
 
Derrel and I had a chat about Speedotron setups yesterday. I thought a while back, you decided on something other than Speedo VI?

If I were in a position to buy, I might hop on some of this. I'm mostly looking for the D-402 pack, and some M11 heads. Good luck with your sale.

I jumped on it because of the price. I have some extra cash saved up, so I'm finally going with something lighter since all my shooting is on location. The case with everything in it weighs just over 100lbs.
 
Holy ****. I hope that Pelican has wheels.
 
Holy ****. I hope that Pelican has wheels.

It does, but they don't do well in grass or on stairs. That's why I usually pay an assitant to come along on shoots where I need more than speedlights. I can handle it myself, but it's a lot easier when you have someone to help carry all the crap needed. 30lb camera bag, 20+lb battery, stands, modifiers, etc...

I was looking at a dynalite setup or Profoto. The thing about the profotos though is that I don't know if I'd stay with the pack and head system or go with the monolights. The d1 monolights I've worked with were really nice.
 
Holy ****. I hope that Pelican has wheels.

It does, but they don't do well in grass or on stairs. That's why I usually pay an assitant to come along on shoots where I need more than speedlights. I can handle it myself, but it's a lot easier when you have someone to help carry all the crap needed. 30lb camera bag, 20+lb battery, stands, modifiers, etc...

I was looking at a dynalite setup or Profoto. The thing about the profotos though is that I don't know if I'd stay with the pack and head system or go with the monolights. The d1 monolights I've worked with were really nice.

I dunno man. If you're going to start using Profoto stuff, make sure you have an assistant physically watching your gear. I'd be soooooo afraid of someone walking off with a pack and losing $5K. What's the price jump from the pack and head to monolight setup? I'd expect the monolights to be much pricier.
 
Holy ****. I hope that Pelican has wheels.

It does, but they don't do well in grass or on stairs. That's why I usually pay an assitant to come along on shoots where I need more than speedlights. I can handle it myself, but it's a lot easier when you have someone to help carry all the crap needed. 30lb camera bag, 20+lb battery, stands, modifiers, etc...

I was looking at a dynalite setup or Profoto. The thing about the profotos though is that I don't know if I'd stay with the pack and head system or go with the monolights. The d1 monolights I've worked with were really nice.

I dunno man. If you're going to start using Profoto stuff, make sure you have an assistant physically watching your gear. I'd be soooooo afraid of someone walking off with a pack and losing $5K. What's the price jump from the pack and head to monolight setup? I'd expect the monolights to be much pricier.

Used acute series are going for pretty cheap. There's a $1,500 1200w/s pack and head on E-bay now and I've seen 2 head and pack setups going for about $2,200. The D1 lights are fairly new so there's not a lot of used options. It's about $2,000 for 2 500ws lights and $3,000 for 2 1000w/s lights.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom