Spell Check And Grammar

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've found this to be an ongoing issue for which I'm not sure there is a satisfactory solution, as the spell check says the word is correct, but grammar says no. Saw this one this morning on Fb

To - Indicates motion
Too - Also or excessively
Two - The number 2
Then - A point in time
Than - A method of comparison
There - A place
They're - They are
Their - It belongs to them
Your - It belongs to you
Your're - You are
Were - Past tense of are
We're - We are
Where - A place

MS Word does a little better in checking grammar, but still fails on occasion.

? ... you point is?

Typically, I find the spelling eminently useful, as I am a rotten speller. Generally, I use the computer generated corrections as a guide rather than a law.

(PS- "Your're" should be written You're.)

For grammar, my fall back is AP Style.

? ... you point is?

Typically, I find the spelling eminently useful, as I am a rotten speller. Generally, I use the computer generated corrections as a guide rather than a law.

See , I proved my point on spell check:biggrin-93:

I ain't got no clue what yall r talkin bout...

? ... you point is?

Still, Smoke, you must go back and correct the spelling before @limr sees it and gets all twitchy.

Unless, of course, that's your aim. :eek:

? ... you point is?

Still, Smoke, you must go back and correct the spelling before @limr sees it and gets all twitchy.

Unless, of course, that's your aim. :eek:

Of course, @terri also took the liberty of alerting @limr for you!

Unless, of course, that's your aim

Here in the south we have ground wasps. Mean little devils that make a burrow under ground, and will attack anything that disturbs their burrow. As kids without a lot of sense but a lot of bravado we would poke those burrows then run to see if we could outrun them. Sometimes we did, sometimes we didn't. Maybe I still have a little of that youthful bravado left. LOL

@JonA_CT that fact did not go unnoticed. I suspect that terri would have also been in the middle of our game with the wasps as a child. :biggrin-93:

It's sometime amazing how the human mind works.

Try this sometime with someone else.
Though it's nonsensical, have the other person pronounce t, w, s as a word. Usually they will say something like twis, or twus.
Then have them pronounce t, w, r as a word.
Next have them pronounce t, w, z as a word.
Last have them pronounce t, w, o as a word. Bet the don't say 2, and instead say something like tywo, with a long O.

Most reactions

Back