Spend $25 for me ;)

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got a surprise $25 gift card for amazon and it's burning a hole in my pocket.

Given my current equipment (T2i, 430ex, 18-55 IS II, and 50mm 1.8 II), I'm thinking that a nice reflector set and a cheap-o wireless shutter release are the best options for me at this point (useful and practical). Took a look at a set of gels, but I'm still learning OCF... probably best to wait on that.

I know it really depends on the individual goals, but is there anything else that could be more useful than those two items? Versatility is what I'm looking for right now.

I think if you don't have a reflector set that might be a good choice.. I think you can get a 32" or 43" 5 in 1 set for around 25$...

Or maybe one of those Omni Bouce flash diffusers for the 430 if you don't have one already?

A wireless shutter release is a good use of 25 bucks, as well a reflector. Do you already have triggers to use the 430 off camera? Or is the T2i one of the bodies that supports Canon's wireless flash system? I can't recall of the top of my head.

If you're going to be doing a lot of OCF, the reflector would get way more use than the remote release... More than likely.

japjoe7 said:

Looks much comfier then the typical strap that comes with Cameras

But not as comfortable and versatile as a Black Rapid strap.

I don't care how much added padding a strap has. I don't want my 4lb camera hanging around my neck during a wedding. I want it on my shoulder.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
True true! I don't do weddings but when I have it with me the whole day it does get quite annoying having it consistently around my neck.

Thanks for the suggestions!!!

Tyler- I have 2 receivers and one trigger (all yongnuo). I actually had those BEFORE I had an OCF. (The guy who sold my camera to me told me it was a flash...dumb me didn't check the box. Imagine my surprise to find trigger/receivers and no flash to use it with!). They work well with my camera.

I found a 5-in-1 reflector set that had great reviews. I'll figure out how to use it, then upgrade later if I feel the need.

Amazon.com: Neewer 110CM 43" 5-in-1 Collapsible Multi-Disc Light Reflector: Camera & Photo

The wireless remote is some $3 product... if it works, great. If not, not a huge loss (technically no loss, considering it's a gift card lol)

Willis- thanks for the reminder. I was in a pinch taking photos of my daughter just yesterday and had to resort to a white baby sock over my pop up flash.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back