What's new

Spider Plant

amolitor

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 18, 2012
Messages
6,320
Reaction score
2,131
Location
Virginia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think I am now done with attempting to reverse engineer mishele's nifty technique. The approach I've taken here is crazily demanding in terms of purely physical technique. It quite resembles darkroom technique, actually.

I'm actually moderately pleased with this one. It's a demo of technique, but I think it's a pretty ok botanical abstract "in the style of" our very own mishele.
 

Attachments

  • $Spider.webp
    $Spider.webp
    97.6 KB · Views: 93
I think I am now done with attempting to reverse engineer mishele's nifty technique. The approach I've taken here is crazily demanding in terms of purely physical technique. It quite resembles darkroom technique, actually.
I think that this idea of attempting mishele's technique has got to stop – and this is not aimed at you in particular but with all due respect at everybody attempting to copy her in general (or even worse, asking her to tell the world how she does it). This is HER style, and it rocks not only because it's beautiful and cool but also – this is a key point – because no one else does it. Once everybody else starts doing it, her amazing photos will be lost in a sea of imitations. In my humble opinion, people should invest more of their time trying to find their own style instead of conforming to the current fads (Instagram, et cetera) or trying to copy unique ideas/concepts like mishele's. Imitation might be a nice form of flattery, but at the same time it's a sign of lack of creativity. [/rant]

I'm actually moderately pleased with this one. It's a demo of technique, but I think it's a pretty ok botanical abstract "in the style of" our very own mishele.
I think you might be onto something here, but – and you know this – you're probably not quite there yet. I look forward to more photos resulting from this experimentation.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #4
Well, nothing gets me interested like someone being unwilling to tell me about it. Also, I firmly believe that you should be able to duplicate pretty much anything in a photograph without being told how. Anything that matters should be visible in the frame -- if it's not visible, it doesn't matter. This sort of thing isn't really my thing, so I probably won't be pursuing it. It's also an incredible pain in the behind.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom