Spiders and Bees

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just a few spiders and bees photos from the past week

1. While looking for spiders, I looked down and saw this guy on the leg of my lightstand. Made it a little difficult for lighting.
p325262568-4.jpg

2. I think I need to give a shot at focus stacking
p138156761-4.jpg

3. This guy was probably an 1/8 of an inch big. This is at 1:2 so that gives you an idea.
p199189163-4.jpg

p308530692-4.jpg

p451594660-4.jpg

p194542146-4.jpg

p145434875-4.jpg

I like the first picture the best. And that thing was in your room? No thanks

Thanks....and no, I was outside in the backyard looking for bugs and this guy was on the leg of my light stand (I use the light stand outdoors for macros)

Thanks....and no, I was outside in the backyard looking for bugs and this guy was on the leg of my light stand (I use the light stand outdoors for macros)

You post light stand, I read night stand. Makes a world of a distance.

What lens were you shooting with (for that first picture)?

Yeah, that makes a big difference. If it was the nightstand I don't think I would have been as pleased to see him. All of these were shot with the Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro and an SB-600. Spider pics were SB-600 off camera and the Bee pics were SB-600 on the hot shoe.

Very nice bee images - the second one is a better one IMO (more of the flower in focus).

Thanks. So you prefer the ones with the motion in the wings out of the three bee pictures? I think the last of the bee pictures is my fav of those three.

#1 for the spiders and #7 for the bees. nice shots! :thumbup:

Not sure of the forum etiquette of responding with a picture, but that bee reminds me of a shot I recently got.

IMG_0283.jpg

denny, your pov could be better.
next time insert an external link, so you don't "disturb" someone's else thread. ;)

Sorry Nate, I meant the last bee image (my bee counting is faulty :blushing:)

Yeah, that makes a big difference. If it was the nightstand I don't think I would have been as pleased to see him. All of these were shot with the Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro and an SB-600. Spider pics were SB-600 off camera and the Bee pics were SB-600 on the hot shoe.

Very nice bee images - the second one is a better one IMO (more of the flower in focus).

Thanks. So you prefer the ones with the motion in the wings out of the three bee pictures? I think the last of the bee pictures is my fav of those three.

Thanks John and 512.....and Denny...yeah, I'd prefer if you start your own thread with your images and then just post a link to the thread. I usually only see people post additional images if it's a "post images of" thread.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back