What's new

Spiky balls on fire

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
1,554
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All!

Took a little walk around my neighborhood today with my 100mm macro hand-canon and captured these photos. The first pic if a plant with spiky balls. ha The Second pic is a cracked light. I was trying to go for a gradient look in both photos. background & subject...light----dark

C&C Welcome. enjoy!

1)
4725926075_e50e98acae.jpg

Settings: f/5.6 1/50 iso 200 w/ flash shot @ 100mm handheld

2)
4726574262_77cf10669b.jpg

Settings: f/5.6 1/50 iso 200 shot @ 100mm handheld
 
Last edited:
I like your spikey balls dak1b, oh man did I just say that!!! :thumbup:

From the size you posted they look nice and sharp where they should be, comp is good and your gradient background works for me.

I had a play and found that if you give the contrast a nudge up and also vibrancy and a tiny amount of unsharp mask it makes your balls pop a little more :P

Im not busting your balls, Im just saying how I would do it. :lol:

2nd shot doesn't do anything for me sorry.
 
I love the first image, really interesting!
As said above the 2nd one does'nt come get me. Try black and white! This could be interesting!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom