~ SPIRE ~

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC09037_Fotor.jpg

~ Spire ~

While roaming about with camera in hand early this afternoon, I came upon this remnant of what was once a beautiful tree. My eyes were captivated by this spire-like form as it stretched skyward. I admired the sculptural qualities of the form as shaped by decay, weather, insect infestation, disease, and though unknown, perhaps lightning. Rich in line and texture, I made close study of the interplay of light, shadow, and the elemental contrast betwixt wood and sky. I pondered what organisms this wooden skyscraper might claim as its residents as I shot the image in black and white, my camera angled sharply upward to capture only this singular form, free of any other distraction in its background.

Mike ☘️

I can’t put a finger on why, but I really like this image. It’s the kind of thing that I’d normally scroll right by, but something about the simplicity of it, the good use of negative space, and the edit really drew me in.

Nice work!

I can’t put a finger on why, but I really like this image. It’s the kind of thing that I’d normally scroll right by, but something about the simplicity of it, the good use of negative space, and the edit really drew me in.

Nice work!

Thank you Destin.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

Me too, it has something very interesting.

Good slightly off center composition, the conversion works and it invokes a sense of melancholy for something once great, now fading.

Good slightly off center composition, the conversion works and it invokes a sense of melancholy for something once great, now fading.

An interest perspective you have shared. Thank ye.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

An interest perspective you have shared. Thank ye.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

Aye, it's funny how we see different things in photography. All part of the intrigue I suppose.

Yessir well done. I love the wood tones. The off center works with the signature to fill that space. If I could play with one thing I thing I’d boost the contrast a hair, but maybe not. I like it, thanks for posting this

Yessir well done. I love the wood tones. The off center works with the signature to fill that space. If I could play with one thing I thing I’d boost the contrast a hair, but maybe not. I like it, thanks for posting this

Thank ye Charlie.

Cheers,
Mike ☘️

Sometimes a good shot is just a good shot. I like this.

Interesting and unique.

I’ve already commented on this image, but looking again I wanted to point out a simple but important component of photos like this: the play between empty space and a main subject can oftentimes be an important part of a whole composition. In this case, that’s what you have. The tree is made to seem larger than it is simply by placing it on an empty background. I also think the perspective used here contributes to that. But the play between the post and empty space creates a mood for this photo that makes it much more interesting than if this post was located among a bunch of trees, or similar background. I have a favorite tree and sky photo that I took that has the same effect. Maybe I’ll post it later today

Just a thought this morning!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back