Sport

I'm confused at the point of this post. If it was aimed at pissing off rugby fans I will delete this thread. I don't have much patience for trolls today.

it wasnt supposed to piss off rugby fans, just want your opinion which is better

It takes a man to play a mans sport. and basketball is not a mans sport. It is for men who did not have enough skill to play soccor but still had the capacity to cry and call for fouls.

Rugby takes a real man, a kind of a guy who doesnt need equipment when getting hit by a 230 pound prop and not crying to the ref that he touched his hand when he was trying to pass the ball.

A foul in basketball is when thier is little contact when someone is rushing the zone. in rugby a penalty is when someone is gouging out someones eye.

Rugby players are also more well rounded athletes. A basketball player will be able to beat me at basketball, but if they played one of us at any other sport we could kick thier tall, skinny asses. You wont see Dikembe Mutombo beating some one in 100 metre sprint or an arm wrestling match. You wouldnt see shaq be able to take on Jonah Lomu in a fist fight.

Well I think that basketball is filled with players that have an over-inflated self image. But then I don't really watch rugby either. So my answer is hockey :p

Voocat:

So my answer is hockey

Ice hockey in the middle of the desert? Does Arizona have a team?

Have to say rubgy and ice hockey are probably the most violent pro team sports i've seen. Don't recall ever seeing a live game in each where a player didn't get bloodied up. In NZ the womens rugby get down and dirty too, its good fun to watch a good catfight ;) Do they have women's ice hockey in the states/canada?

You wouldnt see shaq be able to take on Jonah Lomu in a fist fight.

lol, i don't know any pro boxers who would mess with him. He's really a nice guy i hear, too bad he can't play anymore because of his kidney probs :?

Yeah, Phoenix does have a hockey team. But my team is the Colorado Avalanche.

Yes, there is womens hockey here in the states. In fact, we were the first team to win the gold medal for womens hockey in the Olympics.

Naw Shaq is a cocky asshole! However, punch for punch i would take him over Mike Tyson of old. Can you imagine a man taller then 7 feet, with his arm length and 6% body fat (over 300 pounds) winding up and cold cocking you in the face! I wouldn't wanna be anywhere near that.

I don't watch Rugby as i am in the states and it doesn't get much airplay. However, what i have seen of it is kinda "gay" in my opinion, leave it up to europeans to come up with a game where a bunch of men hug each other for the chance to touch somthing oblong and round..... LOL P.S. I have the same opinion about American football. The only reason i think its ok for them to wear pads is because they are all on steriods and horse tranqualizers. They need the pads to avoid actually killing each other.

However Basketball is no "pussy" sport either.... Have a 7 footer vertically jump 5 feet in the air, get knocked around and landing his ass, or head on a hard court is no whimpy thing. I seen these guys (especally the smaller ones) fall head first from six feet in the air. Unlike Rugby you don't have the luxurey of landing on softer grass.

A real mans game would be Baseball, and i would group Hockey in there as well though i know less about it. Baseball and Hockey require brains as well as strength. To be able to hit a baseball flying at you at 100 mph takes more skill and practice then any other play in sports. This level of skill has been proven scientifically more rare then the skills required to play other sports well.
Ted Williams was one of the first to be able to actually see the stitching on the baseball and which way they were spinning to be able to decide whether or not to swing. There are so many factors that go into hitting a baseball that its insane. They say at the Major League level you have less then 1/10th of a second to determine how fast the ball is coming at you, where the ball will be when you swing, how high it will be, what type of pitch it is, if its in the strike zone, if it will stay in the strike zone, where (if you hit it) you want to place the ball. After all that, in 1/10th of a sec you have to tell your body to start your swing and then follow through with it, constantly reevaluating everything said above to make sure you keep track of the ball.

Thats a hard game, and thats a man's game!

you mean there are other sports then baseball? dear god I feel sorry for the other people then.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back