SPOTTING SEPIA TONED PRINTS??? HELP

Floyd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Okay I'm doing a series of prints 12x16 inches they are sepia toned and then selineum toned but have a few spots from tiny scratches as they're taken from 35mm film where do I buy a spotting pen kit for sepia? That's a problem but the bigger problem is that once I've toned them sepia then I tone them selineum which a leaves a slight cast of a beautiful plum colour in certain areas, how do I get that coloured spotting pen? Can somebody please help me as this will be for an exhibition and I have no idea. If someone has a kit to do this I'd really like to buy it off you.

Did some spotting many years ago. We didn't use pens. We used fine brushes and oils. Took some experimenting to get a match in color then up and down or stipple strokes to fill in the scratch and make it as normal looking as possible.

So does anybody have a spotting kit with brushes that would work for the prints I've just described: sepia with hints of plum? Or does someone know where I can buy one online without a credit card or better yet somewhere in Australaia that I could order through and have them send me the kit to Tasmania?

There are definately sepia spotting kits, but they still might not be an exact match for any particular sepia print. I agree with the above suggestion, you may have to use paints or markers.

ksmattfish said:
There are definately sepia spotting kits, but they still might not be an exact match for any particular sepia print. I agree with the above suggestion, you may have to use paints or markers.

So then do you know a place I can buy these?

Any well stocked art supply house.

Try Dick Blick (probably dickblick.com)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back