Spray paint artist portrait C+C

ChrisedwardsHT

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New mural up in my town, and I got to take some pictures of the artist. His name is Chris, took him four days to complete this with only a 14 foot ladder, box of spray paint, a few beers, and a baggie full of spray can caps.
Shot with Canon 5d2, 50 1.4, natural light.
Any C+C is appreciated.
Thanks & enjoy!

Canary by Christopher Edwards, on Flickr

That's so cool! I really impressed by the way he manages the density of spread colors!
He has surely made this wall popular! :)

2nd shot for me, Although I like the first one, Maybe my eyes but looks like focus missed on it? Great set though, One artist shooting another..

For me I like the intimacy of the second shot. The artist is fantastic. Just to be able to paint is a talent but to be able to do it on such a large scale is amazing.

Not feeling the framing on these -- i realize the challenge of trying to get the mural in the BG as well, but he's oddly placed, low, in each frame.

The second shot is close, but he just looks unhappy and his pose isn't doing him favors. Watch your focus in the others.

I do like the processing on these.

Last edited:
Not feeling the framing on these -- i realize the challenge of trying to get the mural in the BG as well, but he's oddly placed, low, in each frame.

The second shot is close, but he just looks unhappy and his pose isn't doing him favors. Watch your focus in the others.

I do like the processing on these.

Dang, I thought my focus was pretty good. How would you have went about framing on these?

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

For me I like the intimacy of the second shot. The artist is fantastic. Just to be able to paint is a talent but to be able to do it on such a large scale is amazing.

It was insane to watch him go about this all. Just had four little 5x7-8x10 photos he printed out and to use as reference. Then just started spraying. Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

just checked the larger sizes on flickr, they are a bit soft throughout. not sure if it's a focusing issue, processing, or optics issue. But I think it has a lot to do with using that lens at 1.4 -- the focus is nailed on the closer in shot -- but the image is just very soft, even at the sharpest point.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back