Spreading A Little Cheer

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'll beg forgiveness in advance, at posting so many of Lil'Bit, but she remains my favorite model to work with. This past week I had the opportunity to visit one of my favorite spots a gazebo in the town square decorated for Christmas, and to try out a new Tiffen Black Pro Mist 1/4 density. Pro-Mist Screw-In Filter . The filter helps to reduce the value of the highlights while lowering the overall contrast, without overly reducing sharpness. In portraits it's especially useful for smoothing out and softening facial wrinkles and other blemishes. This was shot using ambient light at ISO 100, f/2.8, 170mm, 1/320 shutter. I had a large VAR behind me to bounce light. This was processed all in LR, making use of a few of the new features in the latest release.

Attalla20211216_5089.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Beautiful portrait. That look is similar to what you get with a lensbaby velvet when you shoot f1.8 - f4. Very soft but sharp. I’ve enjoyed watching her grow up the past few years. Enjoy it now she’ll soon be at the “no photos” phase of tweenhood.

@SquarePeg thank you! I'm still in a learning curve with the filter, but I can see opportunities for the future

That is another beautifully taken image smoke, if you don't mind me saying I think you'r photography of her has proved to be fantastic.

That is another beautifully taken image smoke, if you don't mind me saying I think you'r photography of her has proved to be fantastic.

I'm honored by your kind words. It helps that we've spent so much time together.

Most reactions

Back