Spring and Good Looks

She could be great if she weren't giving the same lifeless look in every shot. Other than that, pretty nice.

ok SPRING delivered CHECK... now as promised please deliver the GOOD LOOKS.

I actually though the framing of #2 was very cool, despite the somewhat zombieish stare. It seems to work. I might have cropped a touch less aggressively on top but even with that I think it's a really nice shot.

Her pose on the first one seemed almost like she was preparing for a fight, actually. Funny.

I don't know how much control you have over it, and this is obviously CRAZY subjective but that outfit seems kinda odd... very blah with a sudden streak of green there. Something more interesting or complimentary might have helped a bit.

Just some thoughts.

I actually though the framing of #2 was very cool, despite the somewhat zombieish stare. It seems to work. I might have cropped a touch less aggressively on top but even with that I think it's a really nice shot.

Her pose on the first one seemed almost like she was preparing for a fight, actually. Funny.

I don't know how much control you have over it, and this is obviously CRAZY subjective but that outfit seems kinda odd... very blah with a sudden streak of green there. Something more interesting or complimentary might have helped a bit.

Just some thoughts.

Hey a comment about the photography!

Thanks. She is a fighter soo... :) Cool.

On the East coast USA it has just gone past midnight and now it's Wednesday.

Up here that's a really lame thing to say.

You must be pretty old to be making Adam's family references though, so it's okay.

EDIT: 51 and teasing little girls on the internet, tsk tsk

Adam William King I think you have a terrible case of the "Do You Know Who I Think I Am?" 's.

If you don't pay attention to anything that anyone says in this thread, remember this: You are dancing with your model. You do what do you. He/she does what he/she does. But it doesn't work if you're out of step.

Go one step further. You're putting yourself out there. You think this is good. So what if you did an OK job shooting it. You want all your models to look like this? I hope not.

Here's the thing. You get upset because some people say the model isn't pulling her weight. Big deal. Suck it up. This is the photography. Even when the comments aren't about your shooting technique.

At least understand your work. If you want to own everything in the shot, then go shoot bowls of plastic fruit with a strobe. But you're working with another person here and when your'e shooting models they're contributing at least half of your shot. And you can't separate your photography from the person in your photo.

I'll put it simply. I realize the above is a little cryptic. You need to understand that it's ok to nix a shot because it just didn't work, even if it wasn't your fault. Try not to be so defensive. Nobody here means any harm, even if they are a bit snarky.

One last thing before I say Goodnight Gracie.... you're up there, I'm down here and he's over there.

No blood, no foul. :biggrin:

Adam William King I think you have a terrible case of the "Do You Know Who I Think I Am?" 's.

You're the one posting a short story in other peoples threads, so I think that description better suits you.

I really don't take your advice seriously so you can save your breath.

Good start and with some improvement these could turn out quite acceptable. I'd invest in getting some reflectors when using the sun as a natural light source while doing outdoor portraits. How big of a reflector?.. well depends on how big you want it to be and how much you'd want to spend $$$. The model looks quite uncomfortable and bored. More creative input might be needed to make this work.. Just my thoughts

cheers

Most reactions

Back