Spring is here!

mdw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pixelbalance.eu
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's spring here in the Netherlands. Today was a particularly warm day for the time of year, and so I went out to take some pictures.

What do you think of these?

img0815ei6.jpg

img0842qj2.jpg

The blooming trees are wonderful, aren't they?
And I am only now working on some photos I took last year in spring and I could in Spring 2006 only take these kind of photos on 1 and 2 May.
In this year, however, our plum trees in the front garden have looked like my May-2006-photos for days already and soon enough the blossoms will be gone!

Disadvantage: too few bees and bumble-bees are out and about.
Last year the plum trees were buzzing with bees - this year ... one? Two?
The trees bloom too early.

But the sight is wonderful and you captured it in a wonderful manner! I really like the simplicity of your first photo here!

The cats meow! Thanks! Never heard of that by the way! :)
Anyway, thanks to you both.

Today I went again, this time with the idea to shoot some bees and blossom. What do you think of these?

I'm starting to know my new camera a bit. But any comments, tips and suggestions are very welcome!

img504ay4.jpg

img298yz6.jpg

img187yw7.jpg

img327cn0.jpg

img388tt5.jpg

I now no longer dare to show you my more than humble attempts to get bee-in-flight photos :oops:
These are so good!
Mine came out sooooo bloopery! :cry:

Thanks for the comments! :)

These pictures were all taken with the Canon EOS 400D and a Tamron 55-200mm lens.

For the bee shots I used shutter-speeds like 1/400sec or higher. Other settings were ISO 400 or higher, F/14 to F/16 and lighting compensation (?) at +3 stops. All of these were taken at a focal length of 200mm.

@LaFoto: keep trying, and do dare to post. Try some of the settings above maybe.

cheers,

Roger

Most reactions

Back