SPRING RITUALS

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
psFrKRGMQEiok7wharkUTw_thumb_8680_Fotor.jpg

SPRING RITUALS ~ I observed this pair dancing in a meadow just o’er a fieldstone wall this evening.
Mike ☘️

Good capture Mike. Turkeys here in the states can be very elusive since they have such exceptional eyesight. The hen appears to be looking right at you and the tom, well he has something else on his mind.

Good capture Mike. Turkeys here in the states can be very elusive since they have such exceptional eyesight. The hen appears to be looking right at you and the tom, well he has something else on his mind.

They are not elusive around here. Turkeys are a very common site here in the just north of Boston cityburbs. They are very bold and aggressive lately causing a lot of havoc. The resurgence of turkeys in urban/suburban areas around Boston has been a big nuisance - they frequently can be seen walking down the road early in the morning blocking traffic, covering a car and not letting the owner in, chasing and harassing joggers - they can certainly be mean little buggers. There is even an Instagram photo out there of a turkey in Harvard Sq trying to board the bus.

Boston hit by invasion of gangs of turkeys | Daily Mail Online

They are not elusive around here.

Hey SquarePeg, thanks for the info. I didn't know that. That is amazing. Of coarse there is a lot I don't know :lol: , I've heard of coyotes eating people's pets in LA, polar bear wandering into towns in Alaska - who would have thought turkeys is Boston. I just remember hunting them on my dad's farm years ago. They have tremendous eyesight and are very intelligent. We have them here in West Virginia, they come around our bird feeders on occasion but here they are easily scared off.

They have definitely made a spectacular comeback in most areas. As a boy in rural Kentucky, I never saw one. They are quite common now, but can be very hard to get a decent photo of because of their keen eyesight.

Most reactions

Back