Spring Starting

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
It's been like summer here for two weeks until today. It was cold and windy so I thought I'd put off taking pics of the crabapple, forsythia and daffodils that were blooming. Then it started snowing and I figured I better get some today or they might not be very pretty in a couple of days. I'm just going to post one at a time to this thread as I edit them. The first one is actually from yesterday and is new leaves coming out on currant bush with a dried currant from last year hanging on below. I'm not satisfied with the composition on this one but I like the luminous green of the new leaves.

DSC07982re650.jpg

Well, what I do miss to see is the WHOLE old current from last year, even more so because I read your explanation first and only then proceeded to look at the photo. It then did no longer meet my expectations, you see?
But this sort of green is the colour that fascinates me most in nature, which is why I love spring, just love that season!
And I am amazed at the clarity with which even the smallest little "hair" on that plant comes out in your pictures. I wish I could get as close to the object with my camera as you can with yours...

Really getting the close up and DOF thing down to a fine art aren't you?

I believe these are crabapple blossoms. It is snowing off and on today but so far no accumulation. We need moisture so much here that I hope we get good snow despite what it will do to the blossoms and new leaves.

DSC08141re650.jpg

Not sure what this is although it sure looks like it's in the prunus genus with apples, pears etc. It was a low growing bush about chest high that did not appear to have any aspirations of ever being a tree.

DSC08074re650.jpg

I really like these, especially the first two. #1 has such great texture to it, very nice!! :D

The fourth (I THINK it is the fourth of the pictures, the one before the b+w one) makes me feel like a bee :)
So close, so crisp ... in those moments when I don't feel like a bee, I feel envy: I'd love to be able to take such photos. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back