Spring Walk

stapo49

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spring is here or is approaching depending on who you talk to. I went for a walk this afternoon around a local bushland reserve and noticed the wildflowers are starting to bloom. I also managed to catch a Kookaburra (an image that is)
DSC_2345.jpg

DSC_2336.jpg

DSC_2366.jpg

DSC_2354.jpg

So that is what a Kookaburra looks like. Great shot! What is the #2 flower?

So that is what a Kookaburra looks like. Great shot! What is the #2 flower?
Yep that's a Kookaburra. You should hear them laugh. It's a unique sound. #2 is a Kangaroo Paw. They come in a lot of different colours including black.

Very nice set. Good shot of the Kookaburra. I hope they don't start that racket at dawn.

Number one for me, good shooting.....
Thanks Jeff. I was trying to get some more birds shots but unfortunately most of them are small, brown and 30 foot up a tree.
Very nice set! Doesn't look like an old gum tree, though...
Thanks Jeff. Kookaburra sits in the old tree of unknown name ;)
Very nice set. Good shot of the Kookaburra. I hope they don't start that racket at dawn.
Thanks. Generally they don't fire up to early.
Nothing like a Mockingbird at 3AM...
I have never heard a Mockingbird but hopefully not as noisy as the Kookaburras.

I have never heard a Mockingbird but hopefully not as noisy as the Kookaburras.
Mockingbirds get their name from imitating or mocking other bird songs, so if a Mockingbird were introduced to a Kookaburra, I imagine it would be no time at all before it learned the Kookaburra's song. The Mockingbird is the state bird of Texas, and are well known for sitting outside the window at all hours of the night singing their songs.

Mockingbirds get their name from imitating or mocking other bird songs, so if a Mockingbird were introduced to a Kookaburra, I imagine it would be no time at all before it learned the Kookaburra's song. The Mockingbird is the state bird of Texas, and are well known for sitting outside the window at all hours of the night singing their songs.
I imagine if you had one sitting outside your window at 3am you would take "To Kill a Mockingbird" literally. :)

Nice shots.

Yep that's a Kookaburra. You should hear them laugh. It's a unique sound. #2 is a Kangaroo Paw. They come in a lot of different colours including black.

I can't imagine waking up to that symphony!

cool set....!

Most reactions

Back