St Iltyd's Church and swans on the Neath Canal

Beautiful images but the white level is hair low, imo. Some of the whites appear slightly bluish and some colors a little dim for the sun being out and bright.

The paint on the church is an off white, not white.

I didn't say the church.
Well the cloud was on the point of blowing and also the swans would lose detail in the feathers. On my calibrated screen the swans are perfectly white. It's only them and the clouds that are white in the image and if I pushed the whites anymore the clouds and the swans would be blown out with detail lost from the swans. In fact some of the clouds are actually blown but have a tree covering it, so minimises its appearance.

Gorgeous set! I miss going on walks in the UK, there was always something magical about walking in the UK, and in Germany.

Well the cloud was on the point of blowing and also the swans would lose detail in the feathers. On my calibrated screen the swans are perfectly white. It's only them and the clouds that are white in the image and if I pushed the whites anymore the clouds and the swans would be blown out with detail lost from the swans. In fact some of the clouds are actually blown but have a tree covering it, so minimises its appearance.
Yeah, I could see that some of the whites were whiter than others but I couldn't tell how close they were to blowing out since I wasn't processing the pics, only you would know that. I understand now, thanks for explaining.

Most reactions

Back