battletone
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Sep 22, 2009
- Messages
- 285
- Reaction score
- 1
- Location
- Somewhere in the lower 48.
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
So here is my first attempt at using MEDIAN on a stacked smart object in CS4. For whatever reason, turning my 16 bit tiffs to 8 bit allowed CS4 to auto align them. The Milky Way didn't quick come out how I thought it would...it just stayed as a cloud.
I took 8 shots. 30 seconds each. These were ISO1600. 18mm. f3.5.
I was under the impression that Median gives much more detail than just simply reducing the noise, but maybe that requires more than 8 exposures?
Here are some examples of 100% crops, both of a single frame, of the stocked median image, both with an equal exposure boost, and the median/exposure image with some NR.
Finished off with a slightly more processed final image.
-Single frame crop
-Median crop
-Single frame crop exposure boost
-Median crop exposure boost
-Median crop NR exposure boost
-Median image after a few more adjustments
I took 8 shots. 30 seconds each. These were ISO1600. 18mm. f3.5.
I was under the impression that Median gives much more detail than just simply reducing the noise, but maybe that requires more than 8 exposures?
Here are some examples of 100% crops, both of a single frame, of the stocked median image, both with an equal exposure boost, and the median/exposure image with some NR.
Finished off with a slightly more processed final image.
-Single frame crop
-Median crop
-Single frame crop exposure boost
-Median crop exposure boost
-Median crop NR exposure boost
-Median image after a few more adjustments
Last edited:
