Stage Shots

pborgbarthet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took a few shots during a gig of a fantastic tribal/ethnic band during a recent festival and I might get the opportunity to become the off. photographer for another entertainment group.

Please tell me what you think of these shots? Do they work or should I change the technique / total style in the future to secure my position as their photographer?

Honest critique is appreciated.

Thanks

(I'm also thinking of buying the Canon EF 55mm f/1.8. Would this help for these kind of shots?)

Attachments

• $Tribali EG 1 (Custom).jpg
    $Tribali EG 1 (Custom).jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 105
  • $Tribali EG 2 (Custom).jpg
    $Tribali EG 2 (Custom).jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 128
  • $Tribali EG 4 (Custom).jpg
    $Tribali EG 4 (Custom).jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 112
  • $Tribali EG 5 (Custom).jpg
    $Tribali EG 5 (Custom).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 118
  • $Tribali EG 6 (Custom).jpg
    $Tribali EG 6 (Custom).jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 110
  • $Tribali EG 7 (Custom).jpg
    $Tribali EG 7 (Custom).jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 109
I think the shots all look good. A couple of them seem just a little soft, but that may be a side-effect of noise, what ISO were you shooting at?

Composition of everything is good. They're nice shots, especially of the shirtless guy, and the white shirt guys. If you do get the chance to become the official photog for a similar group, try getting a wider variety of shots. All of these are waist up shots w/ the instrument. If you gave them a lot of these, they'd be happy, but it would get repetitive. Try some shots at varying lengths. Also throw in some different angles.

Most reactions

Back