Stages: Anise Magnolia

jenko

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sigh ... I love these trees. For several reasons: their blooms, their fragrance, their beauty. But most of all because they are the official announcers of Spring here in NC. Once they bloom, the cold weather is long gone for several months. The photos were taken on a few different days to capture the stages.

My plan for this series is to create a really nice leather bound album for my mother-in-law. They used to live in Chapel Hill, NC, but they've been in LA now for several years, and I thought the album would be a nice piece of "home" for her. Plus, she is always sending me quilts and I have yet to send her anything I've made. Terrible, I know. Since I have images of various years when I've photographed the magnolias, and also different species of the tree, I will be combining them to create the album.

Tech info: Nikon D810, 105mm Macro, No Flash.

Those are pretty buds and blooms. I think it's a nice ida for a mother in law gift.

Those are pretty buds and blooms. I think it's a nice ida for a mother in law gift.

Hey, Derrel! Thank you. Yes, hoping MIL will enjoy the album! :)

beautiful pictures, beautiful processing and a really nice gift to your MIL.

missed your work :)

Thanks maria! :)

I am fortunate to get along well with my MIL. She is such a sweet person.

Is it spring in Wonderland?

I am fortunate to get along well with my MIL. She is such a sweet person.
that's really really rare!

Is it spring in Wonderland?
no, not yet... :(
Today is a nice day, sunny and fresh and it seems that all people are in a better mood because of it
sunny-weather-clipart-sunny_happy_day.png

Nice weather definitely improves mood!

It may help that my in laws live on the other side of the country, lol. Actually, though, they are super awesome people and I wouldn't mind them being closer. My MIL is this eccentric artsy type who loves to quilt and got her BA in English at UCLA in her 60's! I think that's pretty groovy!

Looks like clip-art to me. Why so close?

Most reactions

Back