Stairs

Was ISO 3200 really necessary? Grain seems pretty severe and distracting to me here, and doesn't feel like it matches the crisp modernist clean lines, etc. And light is blown out. I mean yeah you have the roll in and stuff, but 3200 seems like something I would put in for a very specific kind of photoshoot that is not "still architecture shots." Unless just a passing snapshot on a night walk or something.

Otherwise, I like the composition!

Was ISO 3200 really necessary? Grain seems pretty severe and distracting to me here, and doesn't feel like it matches the crisp modernist clean lines, etc. And light is blown out. I mean yeah you have the roll in and stuff, but 3200 seems like something I would put in for a very specific kind of photoshoot that is not "still architecture shots." Unless just a passing snapshot on a night walk or something.

Otherwise, I like the composition!

Was it necessary? No, but I'm crazy like that. Seriously, I picked up 12 rolls of the 3200 and I have committed to shooting them all. I shoot low light conditions (night/indoor) a lot and I want a comfort level with this film. Once these rolls are gone I'll probably get a number of rolls of something more conventional like HP5 or TMY and shoot them. Maybe a little Bass Ackwards but that's ok. I can appreciate your sentments of matching the appropriate film to subject and I will factor that in once I have a few films I am comfortable with. I appreciate the constructive feedback and the compliment.

Ilford Delta 3200 is rated closer to iso 1000 but I did shoot at 1250 and about 1 stop under pushing dev to 3200.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back