Stairwell | Please C&C

macpro88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lately I've been having issues of being over critical of my shots and post processing and I have the general sense of "my shots aren't good enough." Reason being I haven't been posting my shots.

Well... if I don't post and and ask for C&C... how can I get better right? Finally breaking out of that...

So please please please C&C here, be harsh in a kind way please.

Thanks!

Garage Stairwell by macpro88, on Flickr

Here is a second shot, roughly the same treatment in post:

Garage Stairwell 2 by macpro88, on Flickr

[Added unedited and uncropped version in this post here.]

Here is a third edit for good measure:

Stairwell 3 by macpro88, on Flickr

Last edited:
Personally, I really like this shot. The off-center composition adds an interesting aspect. The exposure looks pretty good also.

Personally, I really like this shot. The off-center composition adds an interesting aspect. The exposure looks pretty good also.

Thanks! Took me a little bit to find the right exposure (shot in raw). Converted using Silver Efex Pro 2.

A really nice image. Just a couple of really very minor quibbles. This is so asymmetric it bothers me a little that the lights in the middle are lined up - moving a bit to one side or the other a bit might be better. The other is that I would darken the concrete in the foreground a little. Take these with a grain of salt - just my two cents - really a great image as is.

A really nice image. Just a couple of really very minor quibbles. This is so asymmetric it bothers me a little that the lights in the middle are lined up - moving a bit to one side or the other a bit might be better. The other is that I would darken the concrete in the foreground a little. Take these with a grain of salt - just my two cents - really a great image as is.

Thank you!

Posted a second shot, same treatment as the first shot, roughly, will work harder on these shots when I get home from work... and have a bigger and better monitor to play with lol.

Keep the C&C coming :) Thanks!

Hi, Macpro :D

I like the image... my only feeling is that the"eye" should have been completely within the frame :D

Thanks! In the first or second shot? I think I have a few where you can see the full "eye."

Here are the UNEDITED/UNCROPPED originals, converted to .jpg obviously for uploading.

Please feel free to attempt your own edit, or let me know which one you would like to see edited and how you would like to see it edited.

unedited_stairwell-02 by macpro88, on Flickr

unedited_stairwell by macpro88, on Flickr

I like the first image the best, and I like the way you've converted it from colour. There are many lines that allow the eye to dart this way and that. The assymetry works for me, even with KenC's minor quibble. Well seen. I'd like to hear Manaheim's critique, he seems fond of stairwells as well.:wink:

Here is another edit:

Stairwell 3 by macpro88, on Flickr

Not sure I like this one, I mean I do, but I would have to spend a lot of time on the lights so that they don't look so overexposed, this one was later on in the evening when it was a little dark out.

This edit also falls to my taste :D

Thank you! I am starting to like this one as well the more I look at it.

I wish I had a ultra wide with me at the time though, would have been perfect for this to pull a little wider here

Most reactions

New Topics

Back