Coldow91 TPF Noob! Joined Sep 14, 2007 Messages 1,370 Reaction score 0 Location USA Can others edit my Photos Photos OK to edit Jan 3, 2009 #1 Taken a few nights ago, of the cold MA sky I was considering trying a monochrome version, what do you think?
Taken a few nights ago, of the cold MA sky I was considering trying a monochrome version, what do you think?
Genocide TPF Noob! Joined Dec 28, 2008 Messages 46 Reaction score 0 Location New Zealand Can others edit my Photos Photos NOT OK to edit Jan 4, 2009 #2 Looks nice, how many exposures is this made of?
Wozza TPF Noob! Joined May 9, 2007 Messages 534 Reaction score 10 Location New Zealand Can others edit my Photos Photos OK to edit Jan 4, 2009 #3 Haven't tried this technique yet, out of interest how long was the shutter open for and what apature? Need to have a play with my shutter release.
Haven't tried this technique yet, out of interest how long was the shutter open for and what apature? Need to have a play with my shutter release.
Coldow91 TPF Noob! Joined Sep 14, 2007 Messages 1,370 Reaction score 0 Location USA Can others edit my Photos Photos OK to edit Jan 4, 2009 Thread Starter 🔹 #4 It was 45 minutes of consecutive 30 seconds exposures, then stacked. ISO-400 I believe and f/3.5
A astrostu I shoot for the stars Joined Aug 1, 2006 Messages 673 Reaction score 17 Location Boulder, CO, USA Can others edit my Photos Photos NOT OK to edit Jan 4, 2009 #5 Is it just me, or are the stars slightly out of focus? Or did you do that on purpose to bring out the colors?
Is it just me, or are the stars slightly out of focus? Or did you do that on purpose to bring out the colors?
Coldow91 TPF Noob! Joined Sep 14, 2007 Messages 1,370 Reaction score 0 Location USA Can others edit my Photos Photos OK to edit Jan 4, 2009 Thread Starter 🔹 #6 I didn't really do anything to this photo. I just focused to infinity manually and shot, it is possible the focus shifted or something throwing the out of focus with a narrow dof f/3.5
I didn't really do anything to this photo. I just focused to infinity manually and shot, it is possible the focus shifted or something throwing the out of focus with a narrow dof f/3.5
Genocide TPF Noob! Joined Dec 28, 2008 Messages 46 Reaction score 0 Location New Zealand Can others edit my Photos Photos NOT OK to edit Jan 5, 2009 #7 I can't really tell if you did or not, but apparently some good tips for star trails are: -On the penultimate exposure, shine a torchlight onto the foreground objects to bring them out a bit. -On the last exposure, leave the lens cap on. The black frame should help reduce some noise when you merge them together. Well that's what a magazine told me anyway
I can't really tell if you did or not, but apparently some good tips for star trails are: -On the penultimate exposure, shine a torchlight onto the foreground objects to bring them out a bit. -On the last exposure, leave the lens cap on. The black frame should help reduce some noise when you merge them together. Well that's what a magazine told me anyway
Coldow91 TPF Noob! Joined Sep 14, 2007 Messages 1,370 Reaction score 0 Location USA Can others edit my Photos Photos OK to edit Jan 5, 2009 Thread Starter 🔹 #8 I think I might light paint if I had different foreground but for this I wanted the silhouettes of the trees, thanks for the tips
I think I might light paint if I had different foreground but for this I wanted the silhouettes of the trees, thanks for the tips