Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

KevinR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Let me say first that, although I grew up with the Star Wars movies, I am not a super fan, I liked them pretty good.

But I couldn't stand this movie. I turned this piece of crap off at 1 hr and 12 min. I am going to figure that I am in the minority here. The way Lucas was using that cheesy dissolve from scene to scene. The way Anakin changed was pretty stupid. I don't know? Was it just me?

Oh come on, it's not THAT bad. Yes, the script was the worst out of any of the six movies. Yes, Hayden's acting was awful, as was (gasp) Ewan's and Natalie's. Yes, the transition effects (although classic for Star Wars) were a little goofy. But...

oh snap, I forgot the good points of the movie!

No, seriously, I enjoyed it. The saber fights were fun to watch, and it was just kind of a fun show. Crappy star wars movie, but I thought it was really entertaining. Same with Episode II... that's my least favorite SW movie, actually.

But contrary to most nerds, I really liked Episode I. I HATED Jake Lloyd as Anakin, and there was a lot about the movie I hated. But Liam Neeson redeemed it! That guy was awesome.

Yuck. I'm sorry, but I couldn't get past the lackluster acting, god-awful script, over-dependence on special effects... and Samuel L. Jackson (come on, seriously!). I DID like Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine), and General Grievous was badass, though.

Now if Jar-Jar had died, that would be a different story. :lmao:

Since I have a Star Wars Avitar I guess I better respond. I liked Episode III, but only after I saw it for a second time. The first time through I was thinking to myself "Oh Crap. He F#*%ED US. He F#*%ED US AGAIN. But looking at it a second time I liked how it turned out. Hayded Christenson was exactly how I pictured Anakin when I was growing up.....weak. That is the reason the Emporer chose to go after him. Do you think he could have pulled that crap with Samuel L. Jackson? Hell no, Mace would have pounded him if he would have revealed himself. Lots of inner torment for Anakin, a weakness for him, and he was a Jedi that was easily lured by the dark side.

Watch it again. Good Movie.

spiralout said:
Yuck. I'm sorry, but I couldn't get past the lackluster acting, god-awful script, over-dependence on special effects... and Samuel L. Jackson (come on, seriously!). I DID like Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine), and General Grievous was badass, though.

Now if Jar-Jar had died, that would be a different story. :lmao:

Nuff said :thumbup: One blank dvd saved for something better :mrgreen:

It was by far the worst of them all- i will agree but the first 10 minutes were probably some of the best CGI i've ever seen. Personally I think the Jedi fell waaaaaaaaaay to easily and Lucas turned Amedala(sp?) into some snibbling cry baby..what happen to that bad ass fighter from the first two flicks!?! I've moaned about this before and folks say oh but she's heartbroken...MY ASS!! she has two kids she should be worried about instead of giving up over some spoiled little brat.

As for the acting...yeah it only got worse as the story progressed but i attribute it all to having no props and scenery to work with...they had nothing but a giant green screen to play infront of and nothing to play off of. Hayden is a pretty good actor...check out "Life is a House". Portman can be soso(excpet for "Leon-the professional")...she just creeps me out for some reason. Mcgregor is the only thing that saves those movies and he is obvilously burnt by the third.

Ep. III was the only one I liked out of the prequils. It didn't have the same magic as the originals (3 of my favorite movies ever), but I thought it was decent.

mygrain said:
It was by far the worst of them all- i will agree but the first 10 minutes were probably some of the best CGI i've ever seen. Personally I think the Jedi fell waaaaaaaaaay to easily and Lucas turned Amedala(sp?) into some snibbling cry baby..what happen to that bad ass fighter from the first two flicks!?! I've moaned about this before and folks say oh but she's heartbroken...MY ASS!! she has two kids she should be worried about instead of giving up over some spoiled little brat.

Which had me wondering, did she die of a broken heart or did Palpatine alter her metaclorins to bring about death? Remember when he spoke to Anakin about the sith master who could bring on conception by doing so? Is that how Anakin was conceived? Was it Palpatine that did it?

Most reactions

Back