starting equipment

shayvidas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
so i'm starting to build me gear up
so far ive only had nikon d5100 and a decent tri - pod for it.

but now as i'm looking into more professional photography and mimiking modeling pictures, i'm looking at a light dispurse .. (umbrella, soft box .. etc..)

but in order to buy that i FIRST need to buy a flash for my camera, as i understand . that is the first stage in taking the modeling pictures i wan to do ...

i'm not a guy who has allot of money so i really prefer somthing economy priced but that can still get the job done...
again my camera is

i saw a cupple of them on ebay :

YONGNUO Upgraded Flash Speedlite YN 560 II for Nikon D7000 D5100 D5000 D3100 519890690418 | eBay

New YONGNUO I TTL Flash Speedlite YN 565EX for Nikon D5000 D5100 D3100 D3000 817211026152 | eBay

some people told me that for the start, for somthing between amature and professional these flashes will do, and that later i should get a cheap umbrella \ external flash \ soft box .. etc...

what do you guys say ?

do you sujjest a different flash for the type of photography i want to do ?

it's just the onbord flash .. the external comes after..

thnx all !!!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Either of those can be fired off camera when you are ready and so equipped to do so. (external)

So yes, get one of those.

The first one you listed is a manual flash so you would have to set the output level yourself for each shot. The second one is a TTL flash which means it can adjust itself for you using "through-the-lens" metering.

If you're looking to go off-camera, you may want to look into Phottix Mitros+ which can do wireless TTL (after you buy another Phottix Mitros+ or a Phottix Odin transmitter) or, on the far cheaper side, the YN 560 III which is a manual flash that can be later paired with another YN 560 III or a YN RF-603 for remote use.

Good luck!

I use the 565 EX myself, and I really like it. Keep in mind that I don't use a flash often, or even every day - so for me the higher priced Nikons didn't really seem to be a great investment because a flash is something I might use only once or twice a month, if that often. But all in all I've been very happy with my 565 EX, does an excellent job for what I need it for.

Also Yongnuo does make wireless flash triggers so you can use them off camera as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back