Steam Train....

Is nice to be able to photograph a steam engine. I heard that in England is a strong society preserving the last of them. In Ontario we have one last steam engine on short line as a tourists attraction around a city of very fitting name: Tottenham.
Engine in your picture seems to be of an American origin, I can't figure out from the pic, it is 4-6-0 ? No, is not American and it is 4-6-0 Hall class. Curiously the lamp at the front threw me off, that's American style, not original to that engine.
IMO your picture will be a lovely memory from a trip to the past for you and a proof, that 85 years old machinery is still alive with enough steam to pull. It is much better representation then the one in a Wikipedia. Still not very informative about the look of the engine. Shot from a front at 25-30 degrees I think you wanted to ad some dynamics to a static object, nice. Compo is also interesting, however the trees are messing it up. If you can change the values of the trees to be brighter, that will help to get the engine contour clear. There is a little problem wit DoF at the front, well, IMHO that shouldn't have happened, after all it's a portrait.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back