Steeple Chase

Ryan400

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All comments welcomed

3414154687_8279e8460a_b.jpg

What a crazy photo. What kind of a track is that that there's a huge puddle in it? Gosh.

Good catch though. I'm not sure of the size of the original image, but I suspect that you cropped it down to a more square-ish size. I have a feeling that leaving it in it's original dimensions would be more dramatic for this shot.

Nice capture but for me it seems the focus is on the bar rather than on the front runner. The character of the photo is the runner in the water. Sport shots are all about anticipation...with this setting I would anticipate the "cool shot" would be while the runner was in the water, as this capture is. Therefore I would switch to man. focus and prefocus on the top of the water puddle, then as the runner aproaches shoot a burst of him through the water. But thats just me.

I had just finished my event and cool down so i wasnt thinking too much about the technical aspects of the shots just wanted to get some shots of the steeple chase race. But i will try man. focus next time

Last edited:
What a crazy photo. What kind of a track is that that there's a huge puddle in it? Gosh.
I guess this is the outcome of school budget cuts. That track actually looks better than some of the roads around Seattle though.

Nice catch on the photo, it's hard to capture action so precisely but this photo does that very well.

I guess this is the outcome of school budget cuts. That track actually looks better than some of the roads around Seattle though.

Nice catch on the photo, it's hard to capture action so precisely but this photo does that very well.

it was a nice track, only 2 years old, very windy day though

Good catch though. I'm not sure of the size of the original image, but I suspect that you cropped it down to a more square-ish size. I have a feeling that leaving it in it's original dimensions would be more dramatic for this shot.

The event is a steeple chase which involves those huge hurdles placed around the track and the on hurdle in turn one has a water pit in front of it so the object of the hurdle is to land at the shallowest part of the water, it just adds another challenage for the runners. On of the most interesting races to watch.

A good steeple chase runner only has one foot wet at the end of the race.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back