What's new

Step into Chaos

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did I ever show you all this one?

Outing%20with%20Jim%20-%20057%20adj.jpg


c/c welcome if desired.
 
Busy. Why were you following that guy? ;-)
 
Yeah it's a chaos!
I would like it more if you shot this from lower angle, because I can't really tell what is your subject, the person or devices above his head. Devices are brighter then everything else and they are heavy so they get all attention. I feel like they're about to fall on him.
Somehow you manged to show and direct the persons path, but different crop and lower angle would be better for me.
JMO
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
Actually I was shooting the place and the dude just walked into the scene, and I went "oh crap! that's actually cool!" and tried to get the shot. A second later he was gone behind a door.

I'm actually a little ticked I also cut off his foot.

Nice suggestions. mmaria! Thank you!
 
Another nice one!

I don't care that you cut off his foot, at all. The tilt was a solid choice, interestingly, because it seems to me that now it's about the mass of the A/C unit at the top balanced by the guy below.

If it were mine, I would rework it to try to tone down the high contrast area on the garbage bags in the dumpster, and bring up the contrast and brightness of the guy. And I might generally darken down the area down the alley a bit. Basically my usual nonsense about imposing some visual hierarchy. It has hierarchy as-is, it's just that I think it's currently wrong - garbage bag -> A/C unit -> dude -> everything else (more or less?)
 
Not bad. I'd crop the right a bit to get rid of that bright spot about even with his elbow and part of the sky in the upper corner. In fact, since his foot is cut off, might as well go with a really tight crop all around. As long as you have most of the guy, garbage bag, air conditioner and that big duct upper right you have the essential elements. I'd also go with Andrew's suggestions.
 
I can't get past his pants hanging past his butt. Pull up your pants dude.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #9
Another nice one!

I don't care that you cut off his foot, at all. The tilt was a solid choice, interestingly, because it seems to me that now it's about the mass of the A/C unit at the top balanced by the guy below.

If it were mine, I would rework it to try to tone down the high contrast area on the garbage bags in the dumpster, and bring up the contrast and brightness of the guy. And I might generally darken down the area down the alley a bit. Basically my usual nonsense about imposing some visual hierarchy. It has hierarchy as-is, it's just that I think it's currently wrong - garbage bag -> A/C unit -> dude -> everything else (more or less?)

You know, I never thought to look at images this way and it's really interesting. I appreciate your comments. It's making me think.

Not bad. I'd crop the right a bit to get rid of that bright spot about even with his elbow and part of the sky in the upper corner. In fact, since his foot is cut off, might as well go with a really tight crop all around. As long as you have most of the guy, garbage bag, air conditioner and that big duct upper right you have the essential elements. I'd also go with Andrew's suggestions.

Also good ideas. Thanks, Ken!
 
Fun to look at. Busy is the word. It all works for me except I wish the guy had different clothing. A plaid shirt would have been good.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom