still having problem with epson R2400

RawRyder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
i took my orinter to the workshop there was no error with it,

the problem am having: whn i print the photo color is too low or like the ink is finished, too light the color why? am usin mac pro.

the man in the workshop tried my priter with windows and the photo was fine and good.

i don't have the option advanced in my printer, so i searched for it in the internet and this is what i found
Printing & Faxing - MacvsWindows.com, Mac OS X Snow Leopard vs. Windows 7

but it still difficult , shall i use the epson wire fire / fire wire :er:

or i shall use the widows,

the server from where i bring it and from where i get a password ? i don't have password in my mac even when i download programs.

please help :( :confused:

Could be any number of things but I guess it's the printer profile that you are using.

Can you upload a screenshot of your driver settings and advise what paper you are using? I own a 2400 and have never had a problem. Although I am a windows user, there should be no difference using a mac.

if i use the widows the printing will be ok

but when i use the mac it is so bad when printing

i need to setup the advanced print setting but it ask me to put the printer IP, network, user name, password.. ??? from where i get these information.

am using the epson ultra premuim and also epson ultra glossy ..

all the setting for the printer is ok but i need the advanced setting so i can change the quality of the picture and other option to get a best photo print. because am having a bad quality print

if i use the widows the printing will be ok

but when i use the mac it is so bad when printing

i need to setup the advanced print setting but it ask me to put the printer IP, network, user name, password.. ??? from where i get these information.

am using the epson ultra premuim and also epson ultra glossy ..

all the setting for the printer is ok but i need the advanced setting so i can change the quality of the picture and other option to get a best photo print. because am having a bad quality print

I use a PC so no idea why you get that.

I had a similar issues with my 2400 when I first starting using it. The first was caused by Kodak paper and incorrect profiles (one suggested by Kodak).

the second issue was the color control. When I printed from say Windows picture viewer the pictures were great. When I printed from Photoshop they were horrable. This was due to the setting for what manages Color. The printer or photoshop. Once I changed what manages color the printer started laying down the ink better with propper smoothing. I believe I had switched to printer manages color but can't remember. Its under the advanced button I beleive? I am overseas and cannot check. Ever since then I have used the advanced panel. There is a check button so it come up first. Don't always have to click to it.

Not sure if this is your issue. Was similar problem to mine early on. But it may help.

I had a similar issues with my 2400 when I first starting using it. The first was caused by Kodak paper and incorrect profiles (one suggested by Kodak).

the second issue was the color control. When I printed from say Windows picture viewer the pictures were great. When I printed from Photoshop they were horrable. This was due to the setting for what manages Color. The printer or photoshop. Once I changed what manages color the printer started laying down the ink better with propper smoothing. I believe I had switched to printer manages color but can't remember. Its under the advanced button I beleive? I am overseas and cannot check. Ever since then I have used the advanced panel. There is a check button so it come up first. Don't always have to click to it.

Not sure if this is your issue. Was similar problem to mine early on. But it may help.

Probably more caused by poor colour calibration of monitor and the way Ps and your printer are set up.

Probably more caused by poor colour calibration of monitor and the way Ps and your printer are set up.

The monitor was calibrated using Spyder Pro 2. And the issue was similar to his in that the print had banding issues. Once I selected what program to allow to control printing color. The issues went away (except for the Koday profiles). I had to come up with my own to get good prints.

I use a Spyder 2 as well. It could also be down to the monitor too. I can't seem to get my two monitors looking the same and prints look great compared to one but not the other?! :)

Most reactions

Back