still learning

lucas123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C PLEASE

could someone tell me what i can do to get better shots?

3.jpg

2-1.jpg

1.jpg

First ask yourself what it is you don't like about your shots. Do they have a true subject or center of interest? Are they properly exposed? Are they composed according to general rules of composition? The answer to better photography is often in the details. Creating a great image requires thought and attention to those details. Read some of the many good books available on photography. Study good photographs and always ask yourself what it is you like about really good images. Keep shooting and your work will improve. Good luck.

Craig

Sometime I fins a properly exposed image in my eyes are often alot different from others?
How can I tell if i am on the right track ? and what is your opinion on the shots?
another thing i am trying to get my head around is metering

The subject n composition seem fine, but the underexposure may hide many faults.
the shutter speed seems correct based on appearance of the water, so iso and/or aperture may need to be kicked up.
Post processing, with a decent program can bring the lighting to where it needs to be.
Your question was a bit vague in intent, which is why you got 3 diverse answers.
I agree that a good photo how-to book is a basic need. Read the book with camera at hand. Walk through each step. Then use book as s reference afterwards.
Step by step... It can be a very intimidating endeavor - the tech laid upon the art.

#1 Just does not work for me. Maybe its the crop.

#2 Just needs some more light.

#3 I like everything about it except nothing is in sharp focus. The subject, composition, colors are all great.

Are you using a tripod?

Craig

I really like your composition in #2 but does seem underexposed. #3 is quite nice but looks soft and out of focus. Dont be afraid to get wet and remove anoying branches and debris from the scene. I learned to do that a while ago and accepted that Ill get dirty and wet to get the shot. Often Im standing in knee deep freezing mountain water, but its worth it.

Most reactions

Back