Still Life

pip_dog

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not much room to play with in my dorm room but I got a little something cobbled together. CC welcome.

I wonder what's in the jar.
I wonder about the significance of the tie.
I wonder about the shape of the backdrop.

In fact, for me, I might have used only the table (no cloth), the vase, the flowers, and maybe the backdrop, or just the window.

Is the background black or can you see what's behind? Now that I'm on a different screen what I edited on I realize that what should be completely black actually is not. Maybe a screen calibrator will be on my wish list for Christmas.....
Thanks for the advice, I'll keep working

Sorry I am not sure what this picture is for :dejection: and that doesn't mean it is bad. But a few things I see there is not enough light on the flower part. The light in the background looks to be a different color temperature then the light on the right. I highly recommend a screen calibrator but it is not needed for checking for pure black in an image, in Lightroom you can turn on the clipping option on the histogram and this will show you what is 100% black and/or 100% white.
upload_2015-12-1_10-11-7.png

Image Source: http://yanikphotoschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/lightroom-clipping-warning.png

I should've checked the histogram but it does look totally black on the other screen so I guess I didn't think to worry about it. You are right though about that light being a different temperature, it was a desklamp.

Is the background black or can you see what's behind? Now that I'm on a different screen what I edited on I realize that what should be completely black actually is not. Maybe a screen calibrator will be on my wish list for Christmas.....
I don't understand that post.

Are we still talking about the zinnias in a vase?

What background?

Do you see that part of the backdrop is white cloth?

I don't understand that post.

Are we still talking about the zinnias in a vase?

What background?

Do you see that part of the backdrop is white cloth?
Sorry, I guess it is confusing if you don't see what I'm seeing. What I mean is that the areas to the right and left of the cloth behind the flowers should appear black however after viewing the image on another screen I can clearly see my roommate on his bed. What I did, or thought I did because it looked this way on my laptop, was burn in those areas in lightroom to a total black but I didn't do it enough.

Most reactions

Back