Storks everywhere !!!

FranDaMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
To help the population of storks around here there is a breeding station nearby. They have 5 nests right now in the station itself. There is a a total of 70 nests in the surrounding area with 110 young that left the nests in 2009.

You can get pretty close and there is nests around you everywhere you look. Just love to walk around and here the chattering of their beaks and the storks flying overhead.

[1]

937.jpg by Francis de Beus, on Flickr

[2]

in flight by Francis de Beus, on Flickr

[3]

924.jpg by Francis de Beus, on Flickr

[4]

Nesting by Francis de Beus, on Flickr

[5]

Couple of storks by Francis de Beus, on Flickr

Or simply give me some hinters on what you feel is wrong with these images and how they could be improved.

Last edited:
I feel that the fourth photo would have been better shot at an angle from above. Although I don't think that would have been easy huh?
Just a thought.

And I really like the last one. It stands out to me.
Nice job.

Thanx !

Indeed taking shots from above is impossible. These nest are like 30ft up in trees and such.

I feel that the fourth photo would have been better shot at an angle from above. Although I don't think that would have been easy huh?
Just a thought.

And I really like the last one. It stands out to me.
Nice job.

Woo hoo for Omaha!

OP. These aren't half bad. I quite like the flying one. That must have been hard to do...
I also like the last one as well. Nice and sharp, but are they looking a little yellow?

The flying one was pretty hard. I had the camera in manual, when all of a sudden the bird took off. Didn't have time to change the settings, so just took a few lucky shots and Lightroom did the rest.
The last one might look a little yellow. The birds were a bit darker than the rest and I think the sun is refecting of the branches in the nest, casting a yellowish reflection at the bottom.

1. Just seems to busy, nothing to focus on to keep my eyes in the picture.

2. Not bad for capuring the movement, Could add a little more exposure and contrast, looks a little flat

3. Well...its a bird, composition is missing.

4. I would like this one because I can tell its nesting, but the focus is on the nest and not the bird.

5. Might increase the exposure 1/3-1/2 stop but its sharp.

If you only would have found the one with the sheet carrying a baby...

1. Just seems to busy, nothing to focus on to keep my eyes in the picture.
I just made a quick overview to show the amount of nests.

2. Not bad for capuring the movement, Could add a little more exposure and contrast, looks a little flat

3. Well...its a bird, composition is missing.
Now, if someone could tell me how to make a compostion of a bird in a green meadow......please enlighten me !

4. I would like this one because I can tell its nesting, but the focus is on the nest and not the bird.
True, but it doesn't bother me too much in this one.

5. Might increase the exposure 1/3-1/2 stop but its sharp.
back to lightroom we go, see if that looks better

If you only would have found the one with the sheet carrying a baby...
No longer allowed by the stork union. Too many accidents and lawsuits ;)

Thanx !

I know. It really pops of the screen for me too.
Just wish the stork itself would have been tack sharp.

but are they looking a little yellow?

I dont see any yellow color cast. #5 I see the sun shining on the tree, camera right.

Now that I look again I think you're right. Maybe just the time of day? Light reflecting off the nest onto the right birds belly? Perhaps the bird is just dirty?

Most reactions

Back